Water changes

KezCookie

Reaction score
Hello, I'm relatively new to the whole fish tank thing (2-3 months) and I recently bought some guppies, 2 of which I suspect are pregnant. I think the pregnant fish are nearly due so i have put off cleaning the tank and doing water changes to prevent stress - however the water is beginning to look really cloudy and dirty so I was wondering if I should do it anyway? Thanks for any replies.

Yes, do the regular weekly water change. You are most likely doing harm to the system and the fish by not doing them.

It is possible to do a water change with very little if any stress to fish. Just insert the end of the hose/tube in one corner of the tank and siphon out the water into a bucket. When you have removed the normal amount (which should be at least 1/3, preferable about half the tank volume), you can add the fresh conditioned water the same way (if you can get the pail at or above tank level to allow the siphon to work), or you can add it using a smaller pitcher-like container which will create minimal disturbance.

Byron.

Most reactions

Back