wat do u think

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this guy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got a trigon 190 here. I can either buy new lighting. a protein skimmer and and extra external filter and go marine (of course most bought from ebay) or keep tropical which I've done for a year now, but Ill go chcilds. What do you think I should, and are the lights in jewl enough to satisfy a reef tank?

:dunno: :hey:
Thanks

the trigons are very difficult to light properly for marine... you'll need to get haldine pendants etc and strip[ the hood off..

when we move, we have a nice corner (that can fit the 350 in it :D)

we are going to go marine in the living room with a more suited tank - and have the trigon as a tropical (possible cichlids too)

the trigons do give a great area in the corner to build up rock and wood formations still leaving a big swimming area.

It depends on your budget? if you get good equipment and pleanty of live rock to start with, then marine arn't much harder to keep than normal tropicals. Its when people go out and but cheap £20 skimmers and expect them to work that they start having problems.

ste :)

I have seen some fantastic trigons that are fully reef setups.
The lights will need changing as they are not really up to the job of nurishing a reef. Best way to achieve this is a halide. depending on budgets you can either pay a very small price (they dont look as nice to the eye but perfom just as well) or pay a fortune and have a nice sleek lamp.

Most reactions

Back