Wanting To Add Colour To My Tank

Adie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I'd pick your brains quickly.

I have a 180 Fluval Vicenza community tank. Currently stocked as follows:

4 Torpedo Barbs
8 Penguin Tetras
2 Celebes Rainbow
4 Copper Harlequins
2 Otos
1 Catfish (not sure breed - bought from Modaz when I was in his shop)

Stocking wise I don't want to add too much more as I like the understocked-over filtered method of fish keeping, however, I'd like to add a shoal of something that'd stand out colour wise as it's not very 'vibrant' at the moment. Kept Neons in the past, but they always seem to weak if you get an infection in the tank (Granted it's a very rare occourance).

Can you guys suggest a small shoal of something that may be suitable, as I've been looking in various LFS's for a while now and not seen anything I fancy.

Cheers!!

Anyone?
poke.gif

Glowlight Tetras are nice, hardier than neons and seem to shoal quite well in my tank at least.

Also rummynose tetras look nice and are a very tight shoaling fish, though I have no personal experience with these.

HTH

Bricko

Lemon tetras if you fancy something, er, lemon colored.

They are really pretty in my opinion, although at the LFS they don't look like much. The colors get stronger as they grow older, especially if they get a varied, healthy diet.

We have a similar dilemma in our tank -we also have torpedo barbs who though colourful don't seem to colour up the tank. I saw a yellow severum which was really beautiful and striking in colour...we couldn't get as our tap water has quite high nitrate but otherwise would have.
What particular colours are you after?

Cheers - I was swaying towards Cardinals!

For a bit of silvery flash the black neons and the glowlight tetras show off well in a well lit tank. The rummy nose are very nice once they get established but will look washed out when they are stressed.

Most reactions

Back