Want To Show Off My Marine Tank

superman1

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello

i have had a rescape off my tank and quite like it but would like to see what others think..

comments pls...

just to mention its 4ft and around 220 litres with displacement..

Attachments

• 21082009107.jpg
    21082009107.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 21082009108.jpg
    21082009108.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 07082009088.jpg
    07082009088.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 73
  • goobies.JPG
    goobies.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 21082009110.jpg
    21082009110.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 21082009106.jpg
    21082009106.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 52
  • stack_of_snails.JPG
    stack_of_snails.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 21082009116.jpg
    21082009116.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 60
very nice id leave it as it is

i like it

Rockwork looking well ...is that 3 marine cats I see in there?? Just talking about those the other night and that I hadn't seen any in years..watch their dorsal spine, as i'm sure you already know....

Rockwork looking well ...is that 3 marine cats I see in there?? Just talking about those the other night and that I hadn't seen any in years..watch their dorsal spine, as i'm sure you already know....

well at the shop they were labelled as coral catfishes... yeh i read they were venemous but to be honest i couldnt see where there spine was.. wasnt sure what part was venemous.. i also red they get quite large but have read conflicting information on them.. to be honest i have only seen these in 1 store out of about 10 i have been too.. very active...

very active and will sand sift once settled diving nose first into the sand bed...the thicker first ray of the dorsal, as in all cats, is the one to be careful of as yes they pack quite a punch...keep an eye as they grow as may try to take smaller tank mates..beautiful shoaling cat but and nice to see you got a group...
Chalk basslet is a lovely fish as well..really well coloured too..

very active and will sand sift once settled diving nose first into the sand bed...the thicker first ray of the dorsal, as in all cats, is the one to be careful of as yes they pack quite a punch...keep an eye as they grow as may try to take smaller tank mates..beautiful shoaling cat but and nice to see you got a group...
Chalk basslet is a lovely fish as well..really well coloured too..

thanks
Basslet always looks grumpy.. ive noticed when its feeding time the cats just swimm with there mouth wide open.. they have had a try on larger fish...
... i am quite jealous of your seletion of fishes.. that would be my dream stock... lol

whats ur full stock list.

Too much,lol...check the first couple of pages in my tank thread..most are listed there but will need to be updated soon I guess,lol...

Just checking there and the cats can reach 30 " in the wild so will still become quite large in a tank..Should get a while out of them but before they grow too large.

Too much,lol...check the first couple of pages in my tank thread..most are listed there but will need to be updated soon I guess,lol...

WOW!!

1 Bellus angel
1 flame angel
1 regal tang
3 lyretail anthias
1 twin spot hogfish
2 black and white common clowns
1 scarlet hawkfish
1 bi colour blenny
1 hi fin goby
1 circus goby
1 court jester
1 bangai cardinal
1 sabre tooth blenny1 royal gramma
1 cleaner wrasse

thats some expensive fishes... i thought my list was bad... the most i had at one point was

2 clowns, 2 yellow tail damsels, 1 bangai cardinal, 1 foxface rabbit fish, 1 sunfaced damsel, 1 engineer goby, 1 mandarin goby, 1 randalss goby, 1 flameback angel, 3 coral catfishes, 1 chalk bass

obviously that has been cut down alot though but am rethinking my stocking to have some more interesting rarer fishes..

Just checking there and the cats can reach 30 " in the wild so will still become quite large in a tank..Should get a while out of them but before they grow too large.
i read they can get to 6 ft somewhere.. lol... cant be having 3 6 footers... lol
although they should b ok for now..

looks good man!

thanks im thinking of settin up a small freshwater tank with just loads of neons and a pair of rams.. i would like it to look like yours does.

Thanks.. unfortunately i lost alot of fishes due to white spot (very expensive).. so tank will be pretty bare at the mo for a bit...

the tank looks really healthy with all that coralline :good: and the aquascape is really good too.
id suggest diy top off with kalkwasser for calcium,HQL lighting,sps,lps and some softies way below and a tridacna clam with that coralline and rockwork will look absolutely amazing but you'll need to have like 1000 dollars at hand for the ballast,clam, and corals.
shahrez

the tank looks really healthy with all that coralline :good: and the aquascape is really good too.
id suggest diy top off with kalkwasser for calcium,HQL lighting,sps,lps and some softies way below and a tridacna clam with that coralline and rockwork will look absolutely amazing but you'll need to have like 1000 dollars at hand for the ballast,clam, and corals.
shahrez
oh yeah! and if you have alot of money to spend on it then leave the additional top off system for the kakwasser go clacium reactor... :hyper: and add another koralia 3 for the sps.and what skimmer and are you running, does it have a sump.it does look like it has a sump(no equipment in the picture other than the koralia.....if you've got even more money........ :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: a vortech would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and what is the volume of the tank?
shahrez

I think it might need a few more anemones and star fish or something just to add to the whole reef thing.... :blush:
But looking goood!! :good:

Most reactions

Back