walmart hoods?

BadKarma99-4spd

Reaction score
Nashille TN(Middle Tennesse State University)
at my lfs they want 112$ for a hood and lights. i was at walmart last night and they are selling a hood for a tank that has my demensions for 44$, but it appears as though that is all it is, just a hood. it seems as though there are no light fixtures or any way to put lights in there.(im new i dont really even know what the underside of the hood should look like)

does anyone have any experience with these?
is there a way to make it work? or should i just abandon the idea of finding a cheaper hood setup?

thanks

I don't like WM's fish dept., but they do have good prices on equipment. At that price, it may not come with a light kit. Any hood, IMO, should be OK as long as you have punchouts for adding things on the back of the tank. (IE. filter, heater) Just make sure the dimensions are the same as your tank.

If it doesn't come with a light, I'd make sure that they sell ones that fit the hood or you could have a problem with it fitting.

Have you checked at Pet Depot? They have a good variety of hoods and lights. Not sure about price, though.

I've got a plastic hood for my 10 gal and just butchered... urm, cut a couple of holes in it to fix a fluorescent light, took max of 5 mins.

i buy all my food, tanks, filters, and other equipment at walmart because htey have awesoem prices, but i buy all my fish at the LFS

Most reactions

Back