Wacky Idea

miggi

Reaction score
I was just driving along today and a thought popped into my head yeah yeah I know painful!! anyway.....
If yeast gives off co2 (which can be used for growing your plants in your aquarium) and I use activated yeast on ready brek to feed the microworms.... can you see where this is going??
If I made a pot tall enough (so the microworms didn't wiggle out) with an airline (with nonreturn valve of course) into the tank, can I not do the two jobs in one go?? Or not?? Thoughts please!!
I'd need a jar with a large flat lid to allow access to the worms, and I'd have to silicon the airline into the lid... hmmm might it work??

Don't think so, the worms need air and if you had a sealed enviroment they'd be poisoned with CO2.

You'd also lose pressure in the airline pushing co2 into the tank when you opened the jar to get the worms out.

1 other thing, you do not need yeast on the ready brek, I just use plain old ready brek and they grow like mad, it just takes a couple of days to get going.

Arfie

Don't think so, the worms need air and if you had a sealed enviroment they'd be poisoned with CO2.

You'd also lose pressure in the airline pushing co2 into the tank when you opened the jar to get the worms out.

1 other thing, you do not need yeast on the ready brek, I just use plain old ready brek and they grow like mad, it just takes a couple of days to get going.

Arfie

I'd have to open the jar to water the worms and feed a few to the fish, this would give them some air exchange anyway... and if I use a stop tap and non return valve on the air line it'd keep the air to the end of the tube while I did it, yes the pressure would be released but I'm sure the co2 would soon build up again.
I don't know, might try it out when I have time to kill lol
Cheers
Marie

to presurise co2 would result in no oxygen and dead worms

Most reactions

Back