šŸ  TOTM VOTE NOW - August 2024 Tank of the Month Contest (31 G and larger)

Vote Now -August 2024 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
tankofthemonth-img.jpg

31 Gallon and larger
:big_boss:
Please Vote Now
We have 6 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' August 2024 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in their profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on August 14th at 4:00 PM (ET)

Last edited:
This is my largest tank (55 gallons)

20240727_201227.jpg

Tank Age: 2 years

Substrate: Small aquaruim gravel and fine sand.

Lights: NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs 48 inch
Light Dimmer: NICREW Single Channel LED Light Timer Pro

Plants

• Java Fern
  • Amazon Frogbit
  • Anacharis
  • Lucky Bamboo
  • Christmas Moss
  • Vallisneria
  • Tiger Lotus
  • Dwarf Hairgrass
  • Amazon Sword
  • Golden Pothos

Livestock

• Corydoras aeneus (5)
  • Zebra Long Fin Danio (3)
  • GloFish Danio (1)
  • GloFish Tetra (3)
  • Golddust Lyretail Molly (1)
  • Hemigrammus levis Tetra (1)
  • Neon Tetra (3)
  • Rummy Nose Tetra (3)
  • Tiger Nerite Snail (19)
  • Fancy Guppy (14) [Females]
  • Guppy (36) [Females] *raised from fry!

Air pump filters: 2 Pawfly Large Aquarium Bio Sponge Filters
16 inch air stone bar
Air pump:
Tetra Whisper for 40 - 60 gallon
Heater: 300W submersible Aquarium Heater

Ferts and Water Treatment
  • API CO2 Booster 5ml once per day, or every other day
  • Seachem Root Tabs
  • Seachem Flourish 4.6ml once per week
  • API Stress Zyme 20ml once per week
Water changes usually once per week, around 50% to 80%. I use API Ammo Lock in all the new water.

Feeding once per day (TetraMin Tropical Fish Food Flakes).
One time a week I'll feed frozen brine shrimp instead of flakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
20240728_091506_mfnr.jpg

Highlight for 2024 this fish tank has been taken over by discus.
Dimensions of the tank is 4 feet x 2 feet x 2 feet and Volume 340 liters cement wall tank with front glass-wall.
The tank is a well cycled fish tank with minimum care and maintenance with only a weekly water change. Aquascaped with live plants, hardscape and botanicles found from garden.
Sandy river beds with small stones and gravel suiting a amazon river basin setup with plants purchased from LFS.
Substrate plantopia aquasoil, maya power sand, nile white sand, chipped gravel, granite stones and river stones all from LFS or online.
Tank residents are turquoise, solid blue and melon discus fish with 2 roseline barbs, 9 rummynose tetras, 1 red rainbow, 4 bosemani rainbow, 3 lemon tetras, 4 penguin tetras, 3 whitecloud mountain minnows, 1 CAE, 1 SME, 1 hillstream loache.

Plants

ā€¢ Amazon Sword
ā€¢ Decumbens
ā€¢ Cryptocoryne
ā€¢ Cuba
ā€¢ Pogostomon

Water Parameters
ā€¢ Ph 7.5 - 8.5
ā€¢ Temp. 26c - 31c
ā€¢ Tap water

Low tech tank with Boyu Air-pums, Gravel Filters 12 inch x 12 inch. Sponge filter regular size. DIY Filter 2000 lph with Filter Media above the fish tank and 100 cm LED Submersible Light.
50% Water change is done every once a week since the tank is well cycled. Glass wall is cleaned every water change.
Feeding happens daily.

Fish Foods products
Hikari discus bio-gold and homemade discus food.

b3.jpg

This is another black water aquarium i have. The dimension is 48 inch x 30 inch x 17 inch (width/depth/height); population includes a bunch of emeraled eye rasbora
various species of hatchet fishes
5 cherry chocolate gourami (new addition)
8 a. bitantia (3m 5 f)
1 b. wavarani (others came in doa been trying to find another seller)
and a few snails -

ec 25 ph 5.8

Last edited:
IMG-20240729-WA0003.jpg

After a tonnes of distractions and a large spout of burnout my aquascape is finally complete. This is my Fluval Roma 125L (old model). The tank is only five days old and i'm doing daily 25% water changes which will slowly be lowered to once a fortnight . The plants havenā€™t started growing yet so the background is quite empty. It is my first aquascape and proper showtank for over a year and a half so I am a bit rusty. Sorry for the terrible photo quality my camera is terrible and Iā€™ll try to get some better ones later. The information for the tank is below.

Stocking (fish)
6x albino Bronze Corydoras
1x Flash pleco
4x kuhli loaches (1 black, 3 regular)
About 6x endler guppy hybrids

Stocking (plants)

Echinodorus grisebachii (amazon sword)
Echinodorus magdalensis
Rotala rotundifolia
Hygrophila polysperma
Limnophila sessilifora
Bacopa amplexcaulis
Cryptocoryne balansae
Riccia fluitans (crystalwort)
microsorum pteropus (java fern)
microsorum pteropus windelov
Anubias nana
Hemianthus micranthemoides (pearl weed)
Sagittaria subulate
Unknown moss

Feeding
Organix colour flakes (once a day)
Bug bites bottom feeder formula (once a day)
King British algae wafer (twice a week)
Frozen food mix (once a week)

Equipment built in lights currently on for 8 hours a day (may change), internal filter with filter floss, activated carbon and cycled media and heater set to 26C

Substrate a small amount of dennerle plant substrate but mainly pond soil capped with sand.

PH 7.4
Currently no fertilizers

IMG_5746.jpeg

Iā€™ll try doing another oneā€¦ most all my tanks are in this size range, so this size is the only contests I can enter ā€¦ This tank is pretty unusual, this is my "Asian Bamboo Water Garden"... the big fish are easy to see, , but include 5 adult Tin Foil Barbs, 1 pink Kisser fish, 5 Denison Barbs, and there are also 5 Panda Garas, that play nicely with the Hillstreamā€™s, and there are 12-14 different varieties of Hillstream Loaches in there as well, ( I try to buy them in groups of 3 normally )
The tank is a 55 gallon tank, with a 48 inch Sky 2.0 LED light
2 ( as of yet, unaltered ) Tidal 75 filters ( you can see a large Vietnamese Lizard Hillstream on the filter on the left )
(26) stalks of 24 inch emergent Lucky Bamboo
25 or so Marimo Algae balls make up the ā€œStargateā€ hoop in the middle of the tank
8 Chinese Evergreens grow out of the tank in Hang on pots, along the back
A commercial multi tank air pump, feeds the 20 inch bubble waterfall, along the back, the tank background is unusual, a bamboo forest, & is backlit at sunrise and sunsetā€¦ and there are underwater LEDā€™s in the resin pagodas, and about 20 lbs. of 2 - 3 inch river stones as the base for the emergent bamboo... the pandas & assorted Hillstream's get along well, & love to crawl around on the pagodas, and the river stones, with the larger ones almost continually surfing in the bubble waterfall...

Last edited:
IMG_4151.jpeg

This is my current standard sized 55 gallon freshwater tank and evil snail overlord. Itā€™s actually kind of a hotpot mixing bowl of three tanks I took down to save on space and effort when it comes to water changes. The tank itself is a couple years old but the current layout and stocking is only a couple months. The oldest fish in there Iā€™ve had for 3 years. Full honesty, the night I put this together I was exhausted and just kinda tossed in the sticks and rocks randomly and then shoved the cracks full of plants. Morning me thought it turned out better than expected.

Fish stocking:
4 angelfish (White Shadow, Splotch, Mold, and Frosted Flake)
2 bristlenose pleco (Baby Jones get it like Davy Jones ahahaha and Cthulhu)
1 clown pleco (Waldo. Ended up being a much more accurate name than anticipated.)
10 neon tetras (the Colgates)
4? Cherry barbs (Flameo hotmen)
An unknown number of snails (Snail Overlordā€™s underlings)

Plant stocking:
Honestly have no clue.
I did at one point but the memories have left me
Except the duckweed. It invaded. And I lost the battle and the war. Keeps the blue green algae at bay though so I begrudgingly accept it.

Equipment is nothing specialā€¦ two filters, a heater, an air stone, ya know. The works. Nothing fancy. šŸ˜‚

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back