Visiting Aquotix and Vebas, again

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Earlier today, I went to Aquotix in Canning Vale and Vebas with my carer, some of the things I saw in the stores were at Aquotix; they had a 90L fishbowl aquarium with filter and lid; used to be $1000 but now $465 because there was a sale going on; and that the neon green rasboras were back in stock again. The problem is that they cost $20 per fish. They were tiny, and the store also had red neon blue-eyes, they haven't coloured up yet, and also phoenix and strawberry rasboras were in stock too. I think Aquotix are the only store that stocks these kinds of fish, the others don't sell them. Vebas remained the same and unchanged. There were a few wacky tanks when you go into the coldwater section, one of them was a coffee-table tank that held 175L, and a wall tank that held 55L. I didn't buy any fish or aquaria in the store because I had to follow some deal with my parents. The Petworx nano mega 90L was cheaper here, costing $235.

I really wish I had a big school (24 or more) of neon green rasboras in a large tank, that would be beautiful to watch. I wanted some advice for the rasboras and for the L201 Orinoco pleco. I asked them how many cardinal tetras fit in a 130L tank, they said 50, Vebas also said 50. Then I asked would a single L201 pleco fit in an Aqua One Horizon 130L tank, both Aquotix and Vebas said they can fit in here. I understand the golden rule of fishkeeping, but I fear I might break it again. I asked the staff at Aquotix that how big the pellets be for the neon green rasboras, they said tiny. Like really small ones. The pellets can be crushed as well. That's understandable. These fish have tiny mouths and you need a somewhat tiny amount of food to feed 24 of them. I would have to be careful when feeding these fish.

I am very good at spotting potential problems when browsing around in fish stores. At both Aquotix and Vebas, there were only one dead fish in each store. But I didn't tell the staff about it under my carer's orders. But the main good thing is they take care of the fish really well and do water changes. I thought that dwarf sagittaria was South American, but read the label in the Aquotix store and says it's Southeast Asian. Is this wrong or is this the correct range for this plant?

It was a good visit to both stores and I like they take care of the fish better than in most big box pet stores, but there are a few improvements that need to be made to make the fish happier i.e. adding live plants into most of the tanks except some larger fishes' tanks.

Live plants get destroyed in stores, as workers are constantly catching fish. That's why you don't see them in most sales tanks. they get in the way.

I had to look up neon green rasboras. They're called "Kubotais" over here.

50 cardinals in a 120L? It can be done with stellar maintenance, but you really have to be on top of a tank like that. I was considering 50 for a 450L tank, and thought it might look crowded.

Sagittaria subulata originated in South America, but it's probably grown in Asia, for the Australian market.

Live plants get destroyed in stores, as workers are constantly catching fish. That's why you don't see them in most sales tanks. they get in the way.

I had to look up neon green rasboras. They're called "Kubotais" over here.

50 cardinals in a 120L? It can be done with stellar maintenance, but you really have to be on top of a tank like that. I was considering 50 for a 450L tank, and thought it might look crowded.

Sagittaria subulata originated in South America, but it's probably grown in Asia, for the Australian market.
I thought about the origins of sagittaria subulata. I think Aquotix did the origins wrong. It's 130L, not 120L. The thing about origins of live plants is that some stores get it wrong.

Well, it's not that tanks won't be badly taken care of. But live plants can be a burden for those employees during catching those fish. So, plantless tanks are present because of that reason. $20 For one fish of that type is really expensive. I guess, your parents wouldn't agree buying a school of them for such a price.

Most reactions

Back