Video Of My Marine Fish

lovely tank do you find it hard to keep marine fish and if you kept tropical previously is it much harder??

lovely tank do you find it hard to keep marine fish and if you kept tropical previously is it much harder??
The tank you see now is my first aquarium, and I started off with SW right away. It was a little front end expensive (the bigger the tank, the more money you will sink into it), but other then that once you get the hang of it its actually quite easy. I do a water change about ever 12 days or so, and Ive had no problems. Just add livestock slowy and things should work fine.

I checked my fish like 3 times a day, and thats to feed them, and every 12th day i do a water change, and i have to clean algae about once a week, which takes 10 minutes :good:

Gorgeous set up!

How many fish has that blue damsel killed? I have found them to be the most evil of all damsels! I have a free fish trap if you find you need one!

Again, strong work! They are gorgepous!

PS> Keep a sheet of Nori on your magfloat and you will find your yellow tang to be your most docile specimen.

Gorgeous set up!

How many fish has that blue damsel killed? I have found them to be the most evil of all damsels! I have a free fish trap if you find you need one!

Again, strong work! They are gorgepous!

PS> Keep a sheet of Nori on your magfloat and you will find your yellow tang to be your most docile specimen.
Surprisingly my damsels have never killed anyone, and ive had them in there for like 5 months. They bug new fish for like 2 days when i introduce them but afterwords they are like best friends....it's weird.

and explain what you mean when talking about the yellow tang as ive yet to pick up aqaurium slang im still kinda new...like 8 months in.

:hyper: WOW!! Fantastic selection of fish you've got there! Those shrimp (I assume they are shrimp) are brilliant, i've seen them in my LFS and they fasinate me!! I can't wait to get a Marine tank and I will have a cowfish! :kana:

:hyper: WOW!! Fantastic selection of fish you've got there! Those shrimp (I assume they are shrimp) are brilliant, i've seen them in my LFS and they fasinate me!! I can't wait to get a Marine tank and I will have a cowfish! :kana:
Thanks very much, currently I have in the tank:
4 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Blood Shrimp
1 Yellow Tang
2 Percula Clown Fish
1 Longnose Hawkfish
4 Damsels
12 schooling fish (I forget their names...Kroimite??Chromites?? something like that)
1 starfish(again, i forget what kind, the finding nemo kind! :lol: )
4 octopus looking starfish(again i forget the name)
1 Cleaner Wrasse

I still need that one "attraction fish" you know??? something that catches everyones eye right away.
I had a Koran angelfish, really liked him, but lost him when I had an ammonia spike back in my rookie days...like 4 months ago :lol:

great tank mate, :D ive always wanted to start a marine tank with my 15gal, how much does everything cost to start a marine tank, excluding the prices of the fish?
and what do i actually need?

o and have you got any LR in there?

cheers :good:

great tank mate, :D ive always wanted to start a marine tank with my 15gal, how much does everything cost to start a marine tank, excluding the prices of the fish?
and what do i actually need?

o and have you got any LR in there?

cheers :good:
SW is more front end expensive i found, but once you have eveything, the only thing you buy afterwords is salt mix and fish food :good:
I usually have to buy a new bucket of salt every 2-3 months

basically everything you use for FW you can you for SW. YOu should have a protein skimmer, highly recommended. People suggest a RO unit, ive never used RO water in my aquarium, and things seem to be running fine :good:

I have 30lbs of live rock, but it is suggested a lb per gallon, so I will add some more live rock soon

Most reactions

Back