Vacuum Syphon Cleaner And Sand?

chubbs9

Reaction score
i have ordered sand for my tank,and what i want to know is if i use the vacuum to pick up the fish waste and food off the bottom,wont it pick up the sand to???if so what other way is there to clean it up?
i have purchased the argos play sand so is quite fine.

thanks in advance for any help :)

cheers

chubbs

i have ordered sand for my tank,and what i want to know is if i use the vacuum to pick up the fish waste and food off the bottom,wont it pick up the sand to???if so what other way is there to clean it up?
i have purchased the argos play sand so is quite fine.

thanks in advance for any help :)

cheers

chubbs

I completely removed the vacuum part of it and just kept the tube (mainly because the head broke). You can hover about an inch to half an inch above the sand and it will pick up the waste but not the sand. And also if you have a good filter with good water flow the waste should be pushed along the sand and sucked into the filter or move into a dead spot which makes cleaning much easier. I find the fact that there is no head a lot easier because if you do go too close to the sand by accident then you wont suck up a massive part of the bed. It also means that i can get into smaller areas. Hope this helped :)

ah thats sound,atleast i know i have not just wasted my money an a vacuum lol,and yes thanks for your help matey,as is much appreciated :)

cheers

chubbs :D

And if you do end up with sand in the bucket, just wash it and put it back in the tank.

Most reactions

Back