Uv Steriliser

Uriel

Fish Addict
Reaction score
What are the advantages/disadvantages of UV sterilisers. I have one which came with some other stuff i bought and just wondered if it was worth setting up or not. I have 2 tanks
1. 2 oscars and a cat fish
2. Community tank with Cory/Tetra/Angel fish
Which tank should i use it on if at all.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of UV sterilisers. I have one which came with some other stuff i bought and just wondered if it was worth setting up or not. I have 2 tanks

are you really Uriel?

unless you have a problem its, probably, not worth setting up. though it offers no disadvantage (except electrical and bulb costs) it offers no advantages either.

have a look at this.

are you really Uriel?

Am I really what ?

Cheers raptor. Seems like it's a bit of a hot bed for debate. I was concidering setting it up on my Q tank. But i think that may be counter productive as it might mask a problem which will then only become apparent whn fish are transferred to main tank. Think i will keep it on standby though in case i do get any issues it may ne helpful with.

are you really Uriel?

Am I really what ?

Cheers raptor. Seems like it's a bit of a hot bed for debate. I was concidering setting it up on my Q tank. But i think that may be counter productive as it might mask a problem which will then only become apparent whn fish are transferred to main tank. Think i will keep it on standby though in case i do get any issues it may ne helpful with.

lots of debate, only one side has any evidence, well scientific evidence anyway. but, like me, keeping one may well be a good idea.

Most reactions

Back