Using Parasite Clear In Planted Tank

MrNiceGuy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
my white mountain cloud minnows that i got a few weeks ago have some type of parasite (not ich). i've ignored them scratching themselves but a few days ago one of them died and a couple others look pale. i also saw one of my corys scratch themselves today so i think its time to take action.

i bought "jungle parasite clear" at a pet store today but im having second thoughts now. i have shrimp, lots of plants, a snail, and loaches in this tank. im scared i'll kill something with the treatment. is there any better way to go about this? would parasite clear be safe for my tank? the ingredients say

praziquantel
carbon
metronidazole
acriflavine

i've been googling around but i can't get any definitive answers

any help out there? before my fish start droppin like flies..

Hmm, :/ Maybe you should post this in the emergency section, you'll get better results.

I use this medication all the time, works like a charm. My fish seem to always get gill flukes, so I follow the directions that it says, (put 1 tablet in per gallon, after 48 hours, do a 25% water change and repeat treatment) except I treat again the week after as well. It's not really working anymore, (I don't know why, my theory is that the parasites have developed an immunity to it somehow) but it used to work like magic.

It will not destroy your beneficial bacteria colony(ies) or anything.

What are the water stats?

Good luck!

-f_f!

Most reactions

Back