Using Ammonia Remover Along With Tetra Aqua Safe

crmpicco

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

When I change the water in my coldwater tank I always use Tetra Aqua Safe and it has always done me well. I have been handed a bottle of Interpet Ammonia Remover, now I am wondering if this is ok to use along with the Aqua Safe or if it does a similar or same job?

Would anyone recommend using it or suggest staying away from it? Is it worthwhile?

ammonia_remover.jpg

Cheers,
Picco
twitter.com/crmpicco

If your tank is full of ammonia, you could use the ammonia remover but personally I'd rather do some water changes. It should be fine to use alongside tap water conditioner but I wouldn't use it unless there's a real problem. Have you tested the ammonia levels in the tank following the sponge incident?

If your tank is full of ammonia, you could use the ammonia remover but personally I'd rather do some water changes. It should be fine to use alongside tap water conditioner but I wouldn't use it unless there's a real problem. Have you tested the ammonia levels in the tank following the sponge incident?

OK, thanks. I don't have a tester kit (yet), however I will get my hands on one. Changing 30% of the water is a 20-30 minute job and I have no problem doing that regularly. I added an inner-capful of Ammonia Remover when I changed the water this morning, but I guess that's probably not required from what you are saying. I always use Tetra Aquasafe on the new water that is going into the tank so, unless I can detect an ammonia level issue should I avoid using it? I thought it may be used as a precautionary measure against ammonia build up - is this not the case?

I haven't tested the levels, as I say I don't have a kit at the moment, but the fish do seem to be healthy and are eating as normal.

Most reactions

Back