Upstairs Tank

Fishymad

Reaction score
Am thinking of putting a fish tank in my upstairs bedroom, it's a interpet fish box (64 litre).
Do you think this size tank is safe weight wise in an upstairs room ?
Am guessing fully filled it would weigh similar to a fully grown man ?

Thanks in advance

Depends on your floor / ceiling, but I would say that most UK houses should be fine. I until very recently had a 130l and a 60l in my spare room with no issues.

Am thinking of putting a fish tank in my upstairs bedroom, it's a interpet fish box (64 litre).
Do you think this size tank is safe weight wise in an upstairs room ?
Am guessing fully filled it would weigh similar to a fully grown man ?

Thanks in advance
I have the same one in my room and its fine

Thanks for the replys, I've got a wide stand for it to sit on so the weight will be evenly distributed.
Thanks again

I weigh 75kg and I'm not too worried about standing on one foot when I go upstairs :D

You'll be absolutely fine :good:

Most houses have bathrooms upstairs with baths in, dont hear about too many of them falling through the floor! A fully filled bath plus bather weighs around 250-300kg.

I weigh 75kg and I'm not too worried about standing on one foot when I go upstairs :D

You'll be absolutely fine :good:

Most houses have bathrooms upstairs with baths in, dont hear about too many of them falling through the floor! A fully filled bath plus bather weighs around 250-300kg.

Lol, you just made me laugh loudly at work

i have mine upstairs with sand, bogwood etc, it is around 100L and it doesnt even come close to looking unsafe!

i have the exact same tank in my room, and it seems to be just fine :D shouldnt worry about it, it will be okay :good:

Figure that your 64 litre tank has about 64 Kg of water in it when full. I doubt it weighs as much as any full grown man, maybe as much as a teenage girl though.

From what I've read, in a nutshell, there's no need to worry about having a tank upstairs until it gets above around 75 gallons (280 liters) of water. Then there may be a little room for concern.

Most reactions

Back