Upsidedown Catfish

zerosum

Reaction score
I bought one of these last week, he's in a 30 gal with a few plants, a ropefish and some green tiger barbs.
I haven't seen him eat yet, rarely comes out of hiding if ever and is turning a pale gray.
Any ideas/suggestions?
(water quality is fine)

i never really see mine eat, you see it about, but they aint like plecos chompin in front of you. its alive after 9 months so i guess it is eating, i just never saw it thats all.

Synodontis nigriventris need to be kept in groups, their care is pretty much the same as for Corydoras species. Provide them with plants that have broad flat leaves that float on the surface (lillies) and they will just hang under the leaves. If you keep them right then they wont hide so much.

Yeah they need to be in groups 3 or so. then you will see them all day long. mine love food pellets cant get enough of them lol

mine always hid during the day and ate my other fish by night! so he left!

mine always hid during the day and ate my other fish by night! so he left!
is that not a bit odd for a USD? lol not the hiding bit
Many fish stores call all Synodontis species upside down catfish, so you often get people unwittingly buying the bigger nastier species that grow quickly and become aggressive.

Hiya

We have one of these, we`ve had him for 4 years and very rarely see hm eat so dont worry about that.

We have found that ours turns a little grey when moving house ect if he becomes streesed so keep an eye on that!

Ann

Most reactions

Back