upside down cat fish

mommacakes

Reaction score
my upside down cat fish is hiding in the bushes. at first he swam around and explored, now he seems to have settled in the bushes. that was four days ago. is this normal behavior for the cat fish?

mommacakes

How is he behaving otherwise? Does he eat? Does he move at all? If he doesn't eat or move, I would make sure he isn't dead :(

I have had fish that go to the shelter of plants and died there. I assume they do that to keep them from floating to the top against their will.

If he is alive and eating, I wouldn't worry too much. You may want to pick up a freshwater test kit so you can test the ph, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. That will help you track future problems.

Other than behaviour, how does he look? Does he have all his color? Or is he pale? Any spots or fungus-like growth?

his color is great. he pretty much stays in the same area on the plant, but wiggles around on occasion.
But i don't think he is eating. I can't be sure because I'm at work all day, but he is still in the same spot when I return. Is there anything else I should look for?

I will keep a close eye on the levels.

thanks,

mommacakes

:p all i can say is i have two upside down catfish and the real small one i forget is in the tank until cleaning time when he comes out so i would say it is normal mate and that @ night time they come into there own

Bomag said:
:p all i can say is i have two upside down catfish and the real small one i forget is in the tank until cleaning time when he comes out so i would say it is normal mate and that @ night time they come into there own
:D totaly agree night-time scavengers (catfish) :p

Most reactions

Back