Updated - What Would You Do With It - Updated

Joshy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Picked this up for £35 today, which i think was a bargain (tell me what you think).
Anyway i have no idea what to do with it.

I was thinking of getting the black pebble center ornament and buying a bag of black pebbles from B&Q.
Then just some WCMMs?

I have a heater if need be.
Anyway, what would you do with it?

Image001.jpg

Thanks.

Well i would put white sand or black pebbles in it . then i wouls get flexble airtube bubbler(blue with tiny holes) and connect them and put around the window front of the glass

Cant do sand as they run a UG filter.
But i am seriously considering your bubble wall/circle idea.
I might do a semi circle bubble wall along the back.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Plant it 'till you can't even see the middle :)
Then I'll put a bunch of guppies into it.

Also, lets read the diary! :nod: :D

What size is the tank looks like maybe 40 - 60l - 10 - 15 gal (mid range UK / US)

I would think about some sort of live bearers - Guppies / Platies for stocking or even endlers.

StatMan

It really only looks to be about 5 to 10 gallons if that. I may be looking at it wrong but I'm figuring roughly 12" across and 18" high. Because of the lack of surface area and swimming room, IMO, it's really not suitabe for a lot of types of fish as it's nor much more than tall bowl. WCMM are definitely a no no as they need much more swimming area than that will provide. I think if I were going to try to use it, I would plant it andkeep shrimp only, no fish.

Plant it 'till you can't even see the middle :)
Then I'll put a bunch of guppies into it.

Also, lets read the diary! :nod: :D

I was tempted to make it so thick and dense with plants.
But the light is very poor on this, just a silly little bulb.
Biorbs and biubes are notorious for killing most plants.

Unless... i brought LOADS of java fern and got a bit of wood cut to fit the tank…
Hmm, does java fern attach itself to plastic?
I could get some plastic mesh / egg crate, cut it to shape and make it layered / stacked for different heights, and then plant it completely in java fern.

I really like the idea of that :)
What do you all think, possible?

What size is the tank looks like maybe 40 - 60l - 10 - 15 gal (mid range UK / US)

I would think about some sort of live bearers - Guppies / Platies for stocking or even endlers.

StatMan

It is 35 L
So 9 or 10 UK Gallons i am guessing?

I really like male endlers, one of my first fish they were :)

put a bunch of small plants around the center coulumn (val or swords would be good). then a group of tetras or something to shoal in a circle around it.

It really only looks to be about 5 to 10 gallons if that. I may be looking at it wrong but I'm figuring roughly 12" across and 18" high. Because of the lack of surface area and swimming room, IMO, it's really not suitabe for a lot of types of fish as it's nor much more than tall bowl. WCMM are definitely a no no as they need much more swimming area than that will provide. I think if I were going to try to use it, I would plant it andkeep shrimp only, no fish.

Okay i will consider your point of view about no fish.
Please see above with my planting theory and let me know if it could work.

put a bunch of small plants around the center coulumn (val or swords would be good). then a group of tetras or something to shoal in a circle around it.

Problem being the light is so rubbish.
I think it could support java fern and moss, and anubias at the very most (if at all).

Granted its a fish tank, but that doesnt mean you can only keep water-bourne species in it. How about a family of stick insects, or if you fit a substrate heater and some nice climbing branches a small gecko?

or why stop there. it doesnt even need to be animals. maybe use it to store grain. rice, beans. who knows.
maybe gumballs

It’s a fish tank, and it will be holding water while in my possession (fish aside).
So only aquatic related ideas please – to all you day time comedians.

The pygmy gecko idea was not bad though.

Most reactions

Back