Updated Pics

bigdave2009

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i did some remodeling in the tank. I am still going to add MUCH MUCH MUCH more plants. I will eventually make the substrate a carpet full of java and riccia moss ( as i get better). Then i will add some new fish!!!!!!! I am think of adding: 1 blue ram, 3 loaches, about 7 more harlequin rasboras, another type of schooling fish, about 5 more corydoras and a ton of shrimp cherrys, amanos, etc. and maybe a few other types of fish!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: I am extremely excited as you can tell. I am open to suggestion on my stocking and aquarium. Anything suggestions at all on remodeling tank or fish let me know.

My current stock is:
1 blue ram- one female, need a male
3 bamboo shrimp
5 panda corys- i want more
1 juli cory * i might get rid of, or get 5 more
1 i dont know what kind of cory * i might get rid of
4 emerald catfish (not corydoras, mind you...i was tricked) * i might get rid of
2 sunset platys
1 neon blue dwarf gourami
5 harlequin rasboras- i want more

AND NOW FOR THE PICS!!!
please comment, and suggestion are ok. dont be to brutal, its my first planted tank! also i have no co2, and my light is a compact fluorescent about 2.4 watts per gallon, lunar light and acintic bulbs too. also i used eco complete and some plant good cubes that i put at the roots of my plants. i dont know much about feeding them or anything else. the lights are on about 10-12 hours a day. 55 gallon aquarium.

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG
this is my favorite part of the tank, i just tied down moss on top of the rocks with fishing line, and used a pvc tube underneath to make a home.

IMG_0824.JPG

heres another pic of the middle/right side. iam trying to plant heavily on the right side of the tank, but i need many more plants. Also notice the bubbler under the rocks in the middle!!! :drool:

IMG_0826.JPG

see the realllllly curly/thin plant that is by the top left. The ends are starting to develop like a flower at the tips. what kind of plant is that and is it ok?

nice, my own personal taste would be to get some kind of background on it, but i am not sure what colour, i dont think black due to the substrate, blue of some kind, i just think a background will help make the plants stand out better

EDIT: i meant blue maybe? like throwing out a suggestion, i am not great with this, as all i like it black lol with white or gold sand as substrate

lol

i also spy a non-aqautic gouramis

just kiddin (obviously) :hyper:

nice, my own personal taste would be to get some kind of background on it, but i am not sure what colour, i dont think black due to the substrate, blue of some kind, i just think a background will help make the plants stand out better

EDIT: i meant blue maybe? like throwing out a suggestion, i am not great with this, as all i like it black lol with white or gold sand as substrate

I wanted to get white sand, but the guy at the store convinced me to get the eco complete. and now i cant have white sand :( but thats what i really wanted.

i've always fancied trying a substrate like yours, one day i will i am sure. i just happened to fall into a habit of light coloured sand

Looks very nice, the wood looks lovely. Although it would look much better with a background. The moss carpet will look great - looking forward to see some more pics. :good:

Most reactions

Back