Update To My 200Lt Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cooper18

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, 

It's been about a month since I posted some pics of my new tank.

It's now fully cycled and has got some new additions, as well as 6 x Sterba Corys, 6 x plattys, 6 x guppies (4 females, 2 males) and 6 x  tetra.jpg can't remember what these are called:)

I've also added 3 bamboo shrimpshrimp.jpg, and 4 x Dwarf Gourami 

That looks like a harlequin rasbora :)
Bamboo shrimp are neat, only first saw one a few days ago, scared me cause it came flying to the front of the tank!

Sorry run out or room on the last post,Dwarf Gourami http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag68/phil_cooper1/Gourami1_zps4ba7f586.jpg, and a photo of the tank 

There is also about 20 guppie fry which is my next problem. I didn't realize the guppies would breed so fast, so now I'm considering whether to re home the adult guppies and fry when they are bigger or just to leave it and see how things turn out.

The DG is gorgeous. Any idea how many males and females of the gouramis you have?
Ahaha! I personally would rehome them or just keep all males though not sure if you're into trouble yet, perhaps someone with more experience can talk to you about the guppies ^.^
I love the caves!

nice tank there, as for your guppy problem i would leave them in there and let nature sort it out the fish you have in there will prey on them (gouramis) and a small amount would survive but not too much

Ninjouzata said:
The DG is gorgeous. Any idea how many males and females of the gouramis you have?
Ahaha! I personally would rehome them or just keep all males though not sure if you're into trouble yet, perhaps someone with more experience can talk to you about the guppies ^.^
I love the caves!
Yeah I really like the DG, they are all males and so far look like they have settled in nicely, And hopefully like fishaholic says the DG will take out some guppy fry. 

What sex are the gouramis? Males will fight unless the tank is heavily planted.

I love the back ground on the tank! It looks great!

You might want to rehome the female guppies as they will keep having fry every month or so.

Most reactions

Back