Update {{pics}}

Zafirah

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just a little update on all ym boys and my little girl.
Heres savanah(dt girl) and Pyros tank(hm boy)
Pyros in the 2.5 and savanah is in the 1 gallont all jar thingy
bettatanks039-1.jpg

Savanahs tank
bettatanks041-1.jpg

Pyro
bettatanks042-1.jpg

bettatanks043-1.jpg

Savanah
bettatanks045-1.jpg

Apollos tank
bettatanks064-1.jpg

Apollo
bettatanks066-2.jpg

Aquarius's tank
bettatanks047-1.jpg

Aquarius
bettatanks001-1.jpg

bettatanks003-1.jpg

bettatanks049-1.jpg

bettatanks055-1.jpg

bettatanks056-1.jpg

bettatanks048-1.jpg

^^ his bubble

Nakira's Tank
bettatanks052-1.jpg

Nakira
bettatanks004-1.jpg

bettatanks053-1.jpg

Nakira's Bubblenest...in which he's very proud of.
bettatanks054-1.jpg

No names tank(he needs a name...plz help)
bettatanks059-1.jpg

No name
bettatanks061-1.jpg

bettatanks060-1.jpg

oh and i almost forgot...TURBO in his ball
bettatanks062-1.jpg

Consider resizing your pics to a smaller pixel and please consider getting them bigger filtered tanks.

Second that. There is barley enough room for them to swim in them little tupperware tubs.

The minimum tank size(for some) is 1 GALLON!. I follow that rule stricly and all my bettas are in 1+ gallons. The tubaware containers are 1.5 gallons and they are perfect for thembecause there long and more swimming space. I'd say its an upgrade from the tiny cups that there in at the store.

Consider resizing your pics to a smaller pixel and please consider getting them bigger filtered tanks.

WITH HEATERS :grr:

They can survive in 18C but some of them look in a cold place with no lids.

Exactly...they survive but i've never seen a happy fighter kept in cold water.

They are tropical fish....from the tropics (S.E. Asia) they are happier in warmer water...infact in the upper scale of tropical temperatures (ie 80-84 F)

I find keeping them in cold water to be as cruel as keeping them in unfiltered jars

WITH HEATERS :grr:

Exactly...they survive but i've never seen a happy fighter kept in cold water.

They are tropical fish....from the tropics (S.E. Asia) they are happier in warmer water...infact in the upper scale of tropical temperatures (ie 80-84 F)

I find keeping them in cold water to be as cruel as keeping them in unfiltered jars

I love the way you have presumed it is cruel to keep them in an unfiltered jar as long as there are regular water changes then they are fine!
I do agree heating is better however they could be on a heat mat but nobody checks to see if this is the case first. No on here its jump down someones throat then ask questions later!

I do agree heating is better however they could be on a heat mat but nobody checks to see if this is the case first. No on here its jump down someones throat then ask questions later!

I thought the quote

They can survive in 18C but some of them look in a cold place with no lids

Gave it away a little didn't you :rolleyes:

I love the way you have presumed it is cruel to keep them in an unfiltered jar as long as there are regular water changes then they are fine!

And i love the way you DO presume that daily water changes are carried out...talk about presumptious :rolleyes:

I thought the quote

They can survive in 18C but some of them look in a cold place with no lids

Gave it away a little didn't you :rolleyes:

what so your taking what another member has stated rather than the OP as gospel that they have no heating? They dont need lids on their tanks so how is that point relevant! they look like they are in a cold place ####!! how can you tell from a pic that where the fish are kept is a cold place!

what so your taking what another member has stated rather than the OP as gospel that they have no heating? They dont need lids on their tanks so how is that point relevant! they look like they are in a cold place ####!! how can you tell from a pic that where the fish are kept is a cold place!

i thought that, too. :blink:

the size of those tubs are fine. It would have been better if someone asked if they were heated but, as usual, people jumped down the OPs throat. :rolleyes:

And i love the way you DO presume that daily water changes are carried out...talk about presumptious :rolleyes:

I said nothing about Daily learn to read!

I am not presuming they do have changes but considering the condition of the fish I would presume they are looked after very well! But of course you know it alls know everything that everyone does with their fish without them saying it!

Very beautiful fish as well by the way!!

Just to clear things up..my room isnt exactly cold. My mom keeps the house very warm, and as i live upstairs its even warmer.

Cleaning

2.5- 1x a week
1.5 gal tubs- 2x a week
1 gal traingle thingy- 3x a week
1 gal jar- 3x a week

They are fed bloodworms in the morning and pellets in the evening 5 days a week. Fasting on sunday and pea on saturday.

Please don't turn this into an argument. I didn't realise the size of the tanks (tupperware tubs), pictures can look decieving sometimes. When i 1st looked it looked as though it was in a utility or something but a closer look shows i am maybe wrong.

double-trouble - I meant without lids they will lose heat faster, does that explain it?

Bettas like 77 or 78F I've noticed, and I highly doubt your house temp is that high or else you would be sweating at the computer right now. 5 gallons is the minimum to keep a healthy flourishing Betta. And ofcourse with a filter and heater.

Most reactions

Back