Ultra Quiet Air Pump

Spiceweasel69

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Any suggestions??

I have bought various air pumps over the last few years and have been disappointed at the noise they make. I have a 60cm deep 600l tank therefore need a fairly powerful model. Any good models out there that i should be looking at?

Ta

People seem to rant & rave about the quietness of the Eheim range of airpumps, but I can't comment myself as I've never owned one. Tempted though!

I compared Tetra, Eheim, Rena, Newair, Resun, Interpet and Sera once at the lfs.

The quietest was definitely the Rena, with the Sera in second place. Noisiest was the Interpet.

I've had a Rena for years and have found it very quiet, especially compared to the Hailea pump that replaced it!

I compared Tetra, Eheim, Rena, Newair, Resun, Interpet and Sera once at the lfs.

The quietest was definitely the Rena, with the Sera in second place. Noisiest was the Interpet.

I've had a Rena for years and have found it very quiet, especially compared to the Hailea pump that replaced it!

Ive had nothing but trouble with tetra air pumps and switched to eheim...! best thing i ever did, got to admit that i have not tried the rena though!

i have cheap and nasty one from petsmart it buzzed a fairt bit. I have since put the blower ontop of an upturned mouse mat, and hey presto, no noise. It was not the blower causing the noise but the vibration.

Tashman

Most reactions

Back