UK fish shop directory.

The Aquatic Habitat
Shurdington Rd Brockworth Gloucester Gloucestershire GL3 4PU Tel: 01452 862791

Thats my locak fish shop! Great place, good supply, good quality tanks & friendly staff who don't ***** at you!

Ben

Hi Guys

Hi to Andy T, there is one by me thats sound like the dodgy one your talking about...
Two by Two in Merry Hill is quite dodgy. Lots of dead fish, very cramped horrible green tanks. I bought the tank, cos the guy who helped us was really nice, the I looked at Pets at Home in Oldbury (Both West Midlands) and they are so clean. I didnt really know the difference as I'm new to this, but I knew it was good at Oldbury. Top Marks in my opinion.

Mark
W.Mids

:D i use a shop in bolton called britsh aquatic suprestore it has a massive supply of fish both marine and fresh it is huge and has many new to the hobby speices and fish just lately i went over the bank hol and they had some red arrowans in these fish are endangered and come with their own id chip and cert of authen but they were well out of my price range @ £300 but the polka dot botias wernt if i had any room in my tank i have bought some i also found a shop on the net called whalf aquatics in pinxton nottinghamshire anyone know anythink about it it looks quite good they have got a 1500 gallon display tank with a full grown red tail cat in it :thumbs:

There is a really good shop now opened in Stockport, England called South Manchester Aquatics. They stock vast varieties of fish: coldwater, torpical and marine. They also offer a treatment service for diseased fish, if they were bought from their shop. The service in fantastic, the staff are very knowledgeable and the prices are reasonable.

Alvenor Aquatics a walter gardens
murrow
wisbech
uk

www.AlvenorAquatics.co.uk

i find it hard to find a better shop than thiss or thro the chois is only 30 - 40 tanks there a great lot there and as hounest as god

regards alastair

hi i habve im a member off pratical fish keeping and i have a menu like table with every fisah shop in the uk and the fish they stock

i use a shop in bolton called britsh aquatic suprestore it has a massive supply of fish both marine and fresh it is huge and has many new to the hobby speices and fish just lately i went over the bank hol and they had some red arrowans in these fish are endangered and come with their own id chip and cert of authen but they were well out of my price range @ £300 but the polka dot botias wernt if i had any room in my tank i have bought some i also found a shop on the net called whalf aquatics in pinxton nottinghamshire anyone know anythink about it it looks quite good they have got a 1500 gallon display tank with a full grown red tail cat in it 

BAS rocks!
I happily spend £100 every time I go in there. There array of fish is brilliant, and a couple of the staff are cool. I always end up waiting for Adam to serve me, as he has been doing since I got into the hobby.

90% of my tanks and fish come from there because they are cheap as chips!

My ladt bargain was 6x red bellied pirhanas for about £12.00!!!

I also use Tropical Fish centre in Hyde for food and fish (depending what they have in), and I also use The Aquarium in Reddish, Stockport. Nice clean tanks and some good fish!

8)
JobySp said:
I also use Tropical Fish centre in Hyde for food and fish (depending what they have in), and I also use The Aquarium in Reddish, Stockport. Nice clean tanks and some good fish!
:lol: have you been to the fish farm @ daisy nook (ashton u lyne) yet its new they have tropical cold koi check it out

After much searching around my local area I have found what I consider to be one of the best fish shops, Maidenhead aquatics of Guildford have a good selection of fish, accessories, and tanks for in/outdoor. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Epsom rd
Guildford.

www.fishkeeper.co.uk

iam lucky enought to live just down the road from one in the top 40 :p

its The Waterzoo in Peterborugh, i can recommend them, very professional!

jamjarjames said:

i know some one that use to work in the waterzoo and left becuse of the bad way thay treat there fish or not treat as the case mybe. he now works in the fish shop in the wyvale garden center ner peterboro and has a thery good range.

regards alastair

jamjarjames said:

i went there to day and thay hava a 4 foot cat fish in a tank and it looks realy ill some sort of fungus but it looked like ti was eating away at its skin. if thay can let some thing like that get that ill i dont hold much hope for the others thay have. :no:

The PFK online directory listings are handy for finding shops in your area but unfortunately give no indication of quality.

There are 2 shops listed in my area that are terrible, one of them actually goes beyond terrible and had my little boy close to tears when we visited and he saw the condition the fish where being kept in. :angry:

P.

OK the lowdown on Berkshire (Wokingham/Bracknell) as far as tropical fish are concerned......

Animal Aquatics, Wyevale Garden Centre Wokingham - small outfit, staff are friendly and helpful, as for the fish unless you only want, platies or mollys they haven't got a huge selection. As they are small they don't hold alot of stock so if you are looking for specilist foods, products you may not find them here.

Maidenhead Aquatics, Wyvale Garden Centre Binfield - Staff here are excellent and very helpful (avoid weekends as it does get busy) the fish stock is very varied and there is alot of choice, however, they have a RO purifier because of their discus which means that their stock is kept in PERFECT conditions, when in reality, berkshire tap water is moderately hard and at a pH of about 8. They have a good stock of aquarium products.

Maidenhead Aquatics, Wyvale, Hare Hatch (A4 between Twford and Maidenhead) - again staff are excellent. The fish here are kept using local tap water so should be acclimatised to your tank conditions. The fish are very healthy and there is a good variety of fish to choose from, I enquired about some rainbows I was interested in and they even offer to order them in for me. Even though this is further afield l will be getting all my fish from here in future.

Aquasplash, Ladds Garden Village (A4 as above) - I wasn't impressed with this place at all. The tanks are scuffed and brown algae limits visability in the tanks, and one of their angel fish had a very bad case of white spot and didn't appear to be quarantined. Understandably I didn't stop long enough to look at the variety of products stocked.

World of Water, Grovelands Garden Centre, Shinfield - Again not impressed with this place either, dead and dying fish in the tanks. Tanks labelled incorrectly, I might be new to the hobbie but I know enough to know that red tailed sharks do not resemble platies in any way shape or form.

There are a couple of other LFS's that i've not had the pleasure of visiting yet so apologies if I left any of them out.

Most reactions

Back