Ugh...wal-mart Is The Worst Place To Buy A Fish

Espyish

Reaction score
I was looking for a nice betta, and I decided to look in the other tanks just out of curiosity. I saw 50-60 fish in a ten-gallon tank 5 were dead. Also a fungus infested, emaciated fish was dead with no fins at all (fin rot) there was so much fungus that I could not tell what kind of fish it even was. Plus, all of the betta were in an inch of water, but in a four inch contianer! I was tempted to rescue one but they were going to die any way because most of them had severe Dropsey :byebye:

well, to be honest, only 5 fish dead out of 50-60 is not that bad. and a fungus covered fish could easily have died andd THEN developed the fungus, also would likely have been pecked at by the othr fish to explain the no fins. Although I agree that walmart's conditions are generally horrible, I've seen worse than that. depending on the fish, 50-60 in a ten is not an excessive amount in a retailer's tank.

but that said, yes, i agree, walmart is the worst place to buy a fish .

Wal-Mart is awesome for supplies, terrible for fish. Who knows what diseases those fish carry when you buy them.

i live in nz and its a great place for fish
the tanks are not crowded, well looked after, healthy and really nice
also they only ever get bettas that they have room for so there is no betta cups
i think its great that we have nice shops over here
it sounds horrible where you guys are

We all know that Walmarts and yattayatta shops are bad for fish but to be crudely honest, we can't do anything about it. Life's a *****. :/

dead_horse.jpg

I'm starting to like this picture more then I did before. Comes in handy nowadays.

The walmart by me gets in about 20 bettas a week whether they sell the last shipment or not, the bettas never get water changes and rarely get fed, most of them end up dying on the shelves without ever knowing a real home. It's really really sad, but unfortunatly there really is nothing that can be done.

Most reactions

Back