Two New Guys!

unspoken930

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well, today has been good. I just rescued the worst looking bettas in my favorite fish store (there were only two bad looking ones in the 50 or so that they had). They both have a very mild case of fin rot. Right now im seeing if Bettafix will work because of my... situation so to speak.

My mom said I couldnt get another 10 gallon tank to divide becuase I had two 2.5 gallons outside on the porch that I had left out a few nights ago. Well, it froze here and little did I know that they would both crack. So I went to the pet store thinking that Id have a tank for each of them. Well, I come home and go outside to get the tanks and... theyre both cracked horribly (stupid plastic tanks...). So I go frantically around the house searching for anything bigger than theire little cups and find two 1 liter critter keeper things. So theyre in those right now and Im either going out tommorow or Sat. to get two new small tanks... so please dont attack me on the extremely small containers theyre in, Im going to do 100% daily water changes.

Anyways....

Here are some pics of them!... and yes they both need names!

Attachments

• betta1.JPG
    betta1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 58
  • betta1a.JPG
    betta1a.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 66
  • betta1b.JPG
    betta1b.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 65
  • betta2.JPG
    betta2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 60
  • betta2a.JPG
    betta2a.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 68
  • betta2b.JPG
    betta2b.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 72
they are both so cute :wub: i love hearing betta rescue stories lol.

They're stunning personally I find it easier to cure finrot in a smaller tank as they're easier to keep clean. xx

Okay I just fed them some Hikari betta pellet thinggies, what my other bettas get, and the blue one did something REALLY weird. As he was eating one, a bunch of well... "fuzzies" I guess, came out of his gill area and he completely freaked me out, but he looks normal other then that. What does this mean?

Does it look like a 'beard' or is it like streamers would look like it they were fish size? If you see what I mean?

all I know is that when he eats they just fly out and disperse in the water... and theyre white kind of mucusy looking pieces

Hmmm could just be the food? Or anchor worms? or gill flukes? Google anchor worms and gill flukes

Hmmm could just be the food? Or anchor worms? or gill flukes? Google anchor worms and gill flukes
I dont think its either of those, its mainly just globs of mucus looking stuff and when he eats the pellets some flys out of the gill area and then just kinda disapears into the water.

I went to the store today and got some flake food to see if that would help becuase he looked like he was having a hard time with the pellets. But of course, he wouldnt touch it... he just looked at it as a floating plant and swam off.

On a side note, Ive named the greyish betta Cinder and he now has a 1.5 gallon tank and looks very happy and healthy other than the small amount of fin rot and his frayed fins. The Blue betta has a spare 2.5 gallon tank I found from when I was little, so hes in that and he looks very happy as well. Pics of them in their new little tanks will come soon!

Here are the pics... The first two are of Cinder's tank, and the other two are of the blue boy and his tank. You can kind of see Cinder's torn fins in the close up of him... sorry its blurry.

Attachments

• betta1.JPG
    betta1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 59
  • betta1a.JPG
    betta1a.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 55

Most reactions

Back