Twenty gallon long update

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gwand

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I have 6 dwarf red coral platys and 6 tiger endlers coming in overnight Fed Ex tomorrow. They will be placed in my quarantine tank before transitioning in a few weeks to my 20 gallon. I purchased them from The Aquarium Sales Store. Fingers crossed. Never bought from them before.

One dwarf red coral platy was DOA. The five others seem healthy. The six yellow tiger endlers look great. Stunning fish.
IMG_0553.jpeg
IMG_0547.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 13
20 gallon with substrate and plants only and then with water. New Fish are in quarantine tanks until the 20 gallon has cycled.
IMG_0418.jpeg
IMG_0570.jpeg

I received 6 yellow tiger endlers and 6 dwarf red coral platys from Aquatic Fish Sales using UPS overnight delivery. One platy was DOA. The remaining fish went into a pristine, well cycled quarantine tank. The next day one endler and one platy were dead. Each subsequent day another platy died until all 6 platys were dead. The company gave me a partial refund. I will never use them again. Be forewarned friends.

@gwand ... I don't have a decent local fish store, so I have to mail order all my fish...I have bought fish from AFS before... of the on line places I've bought from, I'd say they were a 3-4 out of 10.... there are much better places to buy from, but sometimes they are the only ones to have something in stock...

I have bought fish from them before, of the on line places I've bought from, I'd say they were a 3-4 out of 10.... there are much better places to buy from, but sometimes they are the only ones to have something in stock...
The only reason I bought from them was because it was only place I could find the dwarf red coral platy. Lovely fish. Never again. Now I will have to find a place that stocks them. Dan's does not. Nor does several other on line stores I checked.

Most reactions

Back