Turtles Got Fungus

DopeyAlex

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought 6 soft shelled turtles yesterday, all are about 1.5in in size. I Have had a good look at them and have noticed that 3 of them seem to have fungus on them. I have just been advised by my lfs to dab fungus treatment using cotten wool on the infected areas. So that is what I have done so far. Is there anything else I can do???

Thanks

ok, does any1 else on this forum actually keep any types of soft shell turtles??? lol

Prbably not :/ is the answer to that.
One thing that I have found is the best on the market for any type of fungus or bacterial infection is Primafix, its the bigger brother to melafix. Its made from totally natural products such as tea tree etc. Ive used this on my fish for fungal infection with great sucess. Seems to turn fish around in 48hrs.
You could try contacting the manufacturers to see if this could be used for them. Its added to the water for fish so could be used in the same way I guess.
You can buy It here http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/Z101246.asp

You really need professional advice, if you can't find a definate answer on any forums you are trying (maybe a turtle forum would be more helpful) then you need to take your pet to the vets and get their advice.

Most reactions

Back