Trying To Identify A Small Aquarium..

cornclose

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, long time no type..

I was in one of the local LFS's the other week and saw a range of what I presume are new nano aquariums. They were in one of three types, and consisted of a single display tank/compartment, or similar ones with two or even three compartments - like there were two or three display tanks placed side by side but in a seamless manner. All compartments were isolated from each other with a baffle in between the tanks but they had overflow grilles between them, so it was essentially the same water.

What looked good for such small tanks were the rear filter box arrangement which had an overflow at one side, filter media compartment(s) and a small return pump from another compartment that fed back to the main tank. Effectively a mini sump. All this was within the bounds of the tank(s) at the rear and was completely built in. Look really good.

Unfortunately I was short of time and failed to note the make/models etc. I guess they would range from about 10-12 litres for the single tank unit, up to maybe 20-25 for the dual and perhaps 35-40 for the triple.

I've tried to call the LFS this morning but can't get anyone to answer! I can't imagine they're closed at this time of year, so maybe they're just inundated with Christmas shoppers.

Does anyone know these aquariums ? Can anyone give make/model/range etc ? I will investigate these some more as rather than have a back-room tank for rearing young and cultivating plants, I might well use one of these and make a bit of a display out of it.

That's the ones, I'm pretty sure!

Many thanks.. I had googled and googled for 'aquarium' and things like 'double', 'single', 'triple' and 1, 2 and 3 etc but never thought to try 'duo' and 'trio' and 'mono'.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back