Trying Out a Fluval C2 Filter

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

10 Tanks

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello. Thought I'd shake up my tank keeping with a small filter. Saw a Fluval C2 filter for cheap and thought I'd get it for a 60 gallon tank. The filter is small for a 60 G, but it moves nearly 120 gallons of water per hour through the filter, so that sounded just about right for a tank that gets a lot of water changed every few days anyway. It was a snap to put together and very quiet. The water intake tube is small at the end, so there's little chance of fry getting sucked up into the filter. That's a bonus if you keep small fish species. A nice filter overall. I think I'll pick up another for a 55 gallon tank.

Hello again. What a nicely designed filter. I really like the Fluval product. Reminds me of the old AquaClear filters. But, cheaper as I recall. Maybe or maybe not. Anyway, I've ordered a couple more. One for one of my 55 gallon tanks and one for the government's tank. I'll get rid of their two ugly, big sponge filters. But, the sponges did their job. This particular Fluval product is really designed for a 30 gallon tank, but should work with the 55 if we're following an aggressive water change routine.

Most reactions

Back