Tropica Plants

Sibelius

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello! What sort of condition are tropica plants in, when bought from Aqua-Essentials? Or, perhaps a better question, where online do you recommend I buy tropica plants in the UK?

If you dont want to buy them online there are a lot of aquatic shops that sell them. If you go to the Tropica web site they have a list of re-sellers. :good:
With regard to Aqua essentials, I have never ordered Tropica from there, but I have ordered substrate, and they are very professional, and I am sure they will be fine. I think you will find George Farmer has ordered plants from Tropica before (I seem to remember him mentioning it in one of his journals).

What sort of condition are tropica plants in, when bought from Aqua-Essentials?
Excellent, it's as though i had just gone down to the shop and bought them. Unfortunately, none of the tropica stocking shops around here have the plants i want, aqua essentials does(or can order them in!).

OK, thanks, Fillet 'o' Fish, I do want to buy online, I was just wondering if there was a better route than to Aqua-Essentials, but due to your comments, I'll get them from there. Thanks for your help.

Just thought Id add.
The tropica plants I have used in my journal, I purchased from aquaessentials and the quality was outstanding. Nothing was brown, it was all lush and green. Well worth the price tags and i think everyone who is serious about the planted tank hobby should be demanding this quality. :)

Aqua essentials sells the plants in better condition than most of the tropica stockists i`ve seen....
Always arrive very healthy and looking good

If Aquaessentials have the plants that i wont thay will be the place i buy them from, i've ordered from them a few times and the plants have come in perfect condition and quickly, i've ordered from a few other on-line tropica sellers and they've been as good as aquaessentials, but still great quality tropica plants are far far better than any other plant sellers.

what other tropica sellers are there online? Is birstall tropica?

Birstall is a Tropica stockist. However now I always order my plants through aquaessentials as the level of service from AE is second to none.

I live about 15 mins from them and I used them all the time before aquaessentials started supplying plants.
Birstall are pretty good but I've had a few orders from them that got a bit mixed up (things got missed off the order) when trying to order something they didn't have in stock, but generally they're fine. They're holding tanks are not particularly good (no Co2 or ferts) and any plants in store for over a week can start to suffer.

Al

Just to add, Aqua Essentials holds the plants hydroponically. This means the plants are actually growing, rather than dying as with many Tropica stockists.

There is also http://www.dartfordaquatics.co.uk/fish.asp?fCat=8 selling tropica plants i ordered 5 pots of Hemianthus Callitrichoides as Aquaessentials only had 1 in stock. On Dartford aquatics web site all the images are ones from the tropica website, but when the plants arrived they were actually Dennerle plants, compaired to the 1 tropica plant i ordered from Aquaessentials there wasn't much difference in quality and quantity although the dennerle ones did seem a little crammed in. If i had a choice i'd always go for tropica plants but Dennerle are a close second. But where ever dartford aquatic plants come from they look a good option with possibly the largest choice.

I got a tropica pot of pymy chain sword in my lfs and its doing fantastically well and sending out runners all over the place(although not along the back of the tank like I was hoping but oh well lol).

In my view Tropica plants from Aqua Essentials are the best plants you can get.
My local fish store sells AquaFleur plants which are also pretty good.

Most reactions

Back