Trimac Emergency

Montegue20

Reaction score
Hello, over the week my Trimac mouth has been stuck open! I’m not sure what happened, but then he started to grow bumps around his mouth. I tried treating the water with melacure but not having any success! Any help with this situation, or what could it possibly be?
Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi can you give us any more info - what size tank, any tank mates, any aggression issues?

It looks like he might have dislocated his jaw in some way - does he dig much? Could he have fought with any other fish? Or even eaten any other fish?

Wills

Hi can you give us any more info - what size tank, any tank mates, any aggression issues?

It looks like he might have dislocated his jaw in some way - does he dig much? Could he have fought with any other fish? Or even eaten any other fish?

Wills
He’s in a 75 gallon tank by himself he has rocks and tree branches for decoration and sand as substrate. He does like to dig but doesn’t seem aggressive

My guess is that it is a dislocation of the jaw somewhere - probably from digging, just one of those unfortunate things I fear. I've seen some reports of people catching the fish and massaging/manipulating the jaw gently and it can pop back in but I've never done it or seen it done.

Is he eating anything?

Wills

My guess is that it is a dislocation of the jaw somewhere - probably from digging, just one of those unfortunate things I fear. I've seen some reports of people catching the fish and massaging/manipulating the jaw gently and it can pop back in but I've never done it or seen it done.

Is he eating anything?

Wills
He’s not eating either, he’s just swimming at the top of the tank! Wow this sucks! I’ll try my best to research about popping his jaw back in place dates I don’t want to lose him!

That sounds serious. Have you got access to an aquatic vet?

Most reactions

Back