To exchange or not?

ladynaoko

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a little bit of a problem on my hands.

I've had my danios for around a month and my betta for a few weeks. Everyone has been getting along great.. until the past two days.

My brother told me that my Betta was !attacking the other fish" while I was in town - I checked in and everything seemed fine. Today however, while I was watching them the Betta started to go absolutely CRAZY - all because of the danios.

The danios are currently a group of 5 and have been ganging up on my Betta (which in all hon esty I didn't realise until tonight). If I got 2 or 3 more danios would they stop this? Or would I be betta off getting rid of the group or my Betta (personally if I have to get rid of fish I'd prefer it to be danios... no offense to them but I've fallen in love with my Betta since I got him)?

Any extra advice you guys want to give?

I'd give the Betta his own tank (heck, I got a spare tank laying around here) only I can't afford a new heater & filter right now and there's no space for it (unfortunately..otherwise I'd be in mid-cycle with it)

I'm thinking of getting cories anyway so exchanging for them might be a good idea.. just I'm not sure if the lfs would take them since I bought them so long ago :/ I'll call in the morning and ask if they would do an exchange.

After some tweaking in my tank earlier I realised something - it WASN'T the danios driving him nuts!
It was my filter :lol: I'd cleaned it out a few days back and it was much stronger than when I got my Betta... so the poor guy was getting blown across the tank whenever he tried going anywhere! No wonder he was getting so annoyed! :lol:

also, got my corys today (yay!)

Most reactions

Back