Tis My Aquarium

three-fingers

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Here we go, some blurry pics from my overstocked but healthy 16uk gal, theres a video of feeding time too, right here :D.
Feedback appreciated :) .

tank2dk7.jpg

hatchets.JPG
tetrasyv2.jpg

plecfo5.jpg

The first person on here i've seen with hatchets, they are gorgeous. Where did you get them, how much were they and what are they like to keep?

Neal

The first person on here i've seen with hatchets, they are gorgeous. Where did you get them, how much were they and what are they like to keep?

Neal

Glad you like them :) , I got them at dobbies garden centre about 8 months ago for £3.20 each (or £3.80 cant remember) and they only had three there. I always hear people talking about how they are sensitive fish, but I've never had any problems with mine in an overstocked tank, apart from a little mouth fungus on one of them once. I can have high nitrates sometimes too.
They seem to only eat from the surface of the water, so they only live food i can feed them is mosquito larvae but they compete well with the other fish for flake foods. They are very peaceful all round and the other fish in my tank migrate to the top levels at night to shoal with them, which is pretty sweet :fun: . I only have two now because one jumped out of an absurdly small gap in the hood for the airline and filter cable while i was on holiday :blink: . You can hand feed them as well and even though they scare quite easily they can get to know you, they wont accept food from anyone else's hand. I plan on getting more when i get my bigger tank :rolleyes: .

That's the only problems I could see with them, jumping out and being sensitive, and the fact i've never seen them in any pet shops before.

Neal

Thanks everyone, glad people like my tank :D . I really need to do something about the algae though, and i have a problem with little red bugs that live above the water, as mentioned in a previous topic :blink: .

also how do you make it so thta your video doesn't end up all shaky?

Good question. I dont actually know, im not even using a video camera either, so i guess i just have a steady hand :huh: ;) .

Most reactions

Back