Tiger Barbs

mark99503

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help with this?

I have had a Juwel Rekord 60 tank (Size: 61 x 36 x 31 cm Volume: approx. 54 litres) for some years now, it is planted, mature and clean. I have kept many different fish, only a few at a time. I have finally decided on my favourite fish. I plan to set up a species tank with a shoal of only green tiger barbs. I want to keep as many as the tank is suitable for without ruining the tank and killing all the fish.

So my question…how many can I have?

Cheers

Mark

Tiger barbs are active fish that require IMO a tank of 30 gallons and should be kept in a group of 5 or more

I pretty much agree with michael, although a 29g is okay too but I would up the school to 8. :good:

I pretty much agree with michael, although a 29g is okay too but I would up the school to 8. :good:

is 29 gallon what a 54 litre tank is? if so id agree.. around 6-8 should be good depending on the decor...open space=good

is 29 gallon what a 54 litre tank is? if so id agree.. around 6-8 should be good depending on the decor...open space=good

29 US gallon is 110 ltrs. Basically, you need a 3 foot tank, not a 2 foot (which is what the 60 ltrs is).

thanks...Hmmm??

maybe a smaller fish species then.....

small..hardy..active..shoaling..freshwater..to be kept in 60L species tank as above...

i'll look at a few web sites for something,

suggestions welcome tho :)

what gallon does a 60 litre come out to be, a 20g? what are the dimensions in inches?

Most reactions

Back