Tiger Barbs With Kribs

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Could I add a shoal of tiger barbs in my 39 gallon with the Kribs?

Thanks

should be fine, expect a bit of chasing if the kribs breed but nothing to worry about with a big shoal, dont expect the krib fry to survive though, they'l get picked off.

wow i had this same question...thanks for asking snake007 :rofl:

ive had tiger barbs for years and have never seen them chasing other fish or nipping fins like people say!

Thanks will add the shoal, and your welcome Shovelman :)

To save me from starting a new thread, I need a new filter for my 39g, What do you recommend, it has to be internal?
The filter I currently have in it is a fluval 2+ which is not doing its job right, i'm looking for a powerful filter that will keep the water clear and clean, any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks will add the shoal, and your welcome Shovelman :)

To save me from starting a new thread, I need a new filter for my 39g, What do you recommend, it has to be internal?
The filter I currently have in it is a fluval 2+ which is not doing its job right, i'm looking for a powerful filter that will keep the water clear and clean, any ideas?

Thanks

Internals are pretty much all the same just go for one with a large turnover rate, a fluval 2+ is never going to keep 39g filtered efficiently when the tank is fully stocked, you want to be looking at between 3-5 times turnover per hour for decent filtration, so look for 600-1000 lph models.

Would this suit - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquarium-All-Pond-Solutions-800IF/dp/B002NLGC60/ref=sr_1_9?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1321735075&sr=1-9 ?

Yes that one would suit your needs, however, if in doubt always go for the biggest you can afford, so I would go for the biggest filter you can fit in the tank. If you can fit in the next size up internal from aps I'd get that instead :good:

Yes that one would suit your needs, however, if in doubt always go for the biggest you can afford, so I would go for the biggest filter you can fit in the tank. If you can fit in the next size up internal from aps I'd get that instead :good:

I will look around a bit more then

Most reactions

Back