IMG_9582.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9578.png
    IMG_9578.png
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9582.png
    IMG_9582.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
The first thing to eliminate is overfeeding. That fish may have more serious problems, but it needs several days of fasting to see.

The first thing to eliminate is overfeeding. That fish may have more serious problems, but it needs several days of fasting to see.
Okay that’s scary I normally feed them flakes I thought it’s healthy or preggo if it got belly like that , and I don’t over feed , just twice a day and since it’s a community tank just enough for all of them

You can fast the fish for a few days to see if the belly gets smaller. Most fishkeepers overfeed their fish, and they can go for a week or two with no food with no problems. I feed my fish a small amount of food once a day 5 days a week, and nothing on the other 2 days.

Fish need a lot less food than you'd think. Mammals need a lot of food to keep our bodies warm. Fish do not need food for this as they get their body heat from the water.

One other factor with overfeeding is that any food the fish miss will feed those pest snails. Reducing the amount of food means fewer snails.

Okay that’s scary I normally feed them flakes I thought it’s healthy or preggo if it got belly like that , and I don’t over feed , just twice a day and since it’s a community tank just enough for all of them
It's best to feed fish a veriety of foods like:

- Pellets
- Live foods
- Frozen foods

Feeding one and only food can cause them issues as well.

Bloated belly can be a sign of either:

- Overfeeding
- Internal bacterial infection
- parasites

You fast the little guy until or to see if his belly comes back to normal size. If fasting doesn't help, you can feed him a cooked deshelled peas then fast him some more.

It's best to feed fish a veriety of foods like:

- Pellets
- Live foods
- Frozen foods

Feeding one and only food can cause them issues as well.

Bloated belly can be a sign of either:

- Overfeeding
- Internal bacterial infection
- parasites

You fast the little guy until or to see if his belly comes back to normal size. If fasting doesn't help, you can feed him a cooked deshelled peas then fast him some more.
Thankyou , will provide them varieties .

How quickly did it get fat?

It could be a well fed female with eggs.
So after I got it it’s been like 2 weeks and it’s just looking fatter well yes I do think these are eggs cuz other females also have gotten fatter but not quite this much but it’s does look like they’re getting fatter.

You can fast the fish for a few days to see if the belly gets smaller. Most fishkeepers overfeed their fish, and they can go for a week or two with no food with no problems. I feed my fish a small amount of food once a day 5 days a week, and nothing on the other 2 days.

Fish need a lot less food than you'd think. Mammals need a lot of food to keep our bodies warm. Fish do not need food for this as they get their body heat from the water.

One other factor with overfeeding is that any food the fish miss will feed those pest snails. Reducing the amount of food means fewer snails.
Yes , okay will start feeding them in moderation .
thankyou

Most reactions

Back