Tiger Barb With Green?

HornyFlower

Reaction score
I have a tiger barb and he always had a bit of green on him, you could only see it in the right light though, but lately his two stripes on his forehead turned green, but I can still see the green in low light. Is this normal? He seems ok.

PH: 7.8-8.2

Nitrates: 40

Nitrites: 0

Ammonia: 0

Temp: 80 degrees F

Sand Substrate

Live plants

60 gallon filter with bio wheel on a 29 gallon long tank.

You mean kind of like the green here?
p_89751.jpg

That's normal.

There's also a green tiger barb:
p_89753.jpg

But you'd know if it was that.

As for the colors changing, my fish(neons, black phantom tetras) show faded colors when the tank is very very cloudy, and when they're calm (that always seemed weird to me. They would just drift around and their colors would be a little lighter). Also, when they were trying to get the girls, the males were darker. When I put more plants into the tank, they turned lighter, because my hand was in there. When I took my hand out, they turned darker. I also changed the light setup, and different colors stand out more.

So I would say it's normal. What kind of lighting do yo have? It will usually say on the bulb. There's the "k" number (10,000k is an example) and there's the watts. The reason I ask is stronger lights show colors you might not have seen at the pet store.

Most reactions

Back