Threadfin Rainbowfish

mrscullen5373

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This is aimed at everyone out there who owns Threadfin Rainbowfish.
I was thinking of getting some but i am unsure.

What do you think of these fish?

Would you recommend them and why?
What are there personalities like?

Thanks x x x

Another great looking fish as they mature! I believe they need fairly placid tankmates of a size no bigger than themselves and they do appreciate slightly alkaline water (which then further limits good tankmates).

This is aimed at everyone out there who owns Threadfin Rainbowfish.
I was thinking of getting some but i am unsure.

What do you think of these fish?

Would you recommend them and why?
What are there personalities like?

Thanks x x x

Shall we ask for a mrscullen5373 thread to be pinned for you? :lol: :lol: ;)

No seriously, I haven`t kept the Threadfin Rainbowfish myself but one of my friends has them and they`re lovely fish. The only thing that you`d have to be careful of is their fins being nipped depending on what other fish are kept with them. :)

How many times have you posted a thread about peoples opinions with fish today lol? :blink:

Anyway, a user called AlessaG has a small group of these rainbowfish so Iit may be worth asking her via PM :good:

haha ok guys hehe :)
i am sorry for so many posts today.
I have been having a 'fish store tour' near where i live today and in every store i see an awesome fish and want to know what people think of it before buying.

There is no harm in a little investigation ;) :) ;)

Thanks alot anyway x x x

They are a lovely fish when kept in a good sized group in a decent sized tank, I always found with mine that they didnt do as well in smaller tanks, they do like lots of swimming/display space.

If you are wanting a rainbow species for a small tank have a look at Pseudomugil species quite a few of which seem to be readily available at the moment.

haha ok guys hehe :)
i am sorry for so many posts today.
I have been having a 'fish store tour' near where i live today and in every store i see an awesome fish and want to know what people think of it before buying.

There is no harm in a little investigation ;) :) ;)

Thanks alot anyway x x x

Ahh we`re only pulling your leg ;)

It`s handy that you`ve asked about some different fish as it helps the rest of us if/when we`re looking for new fish too. B-)

Most reactions

Back