Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Isn't she lovely?

In the LFS bag, floating in my tank
jif-1.jpg

Home at last
jif-2.jpg

Panaque Nigrolineatus Royal Pleco.

Awesome fish!! You're lucky to get fancy plecos, I've never seen anything but bristlenoses and commons in person. Jiff is beautiful and I am jealous :p

I just want to stake my claim to the name Jif, jiff, or Jiffy (and any other variation you can think of) as I have had that nickname for 6 years now and because I AM A GUY!!! I mean, at least if you want to use my name for a fish..keep it a guy :p

On a side not...that is a real nice looking fish.

That's a royal panaque pleco right???....It's a cool pleco....My LFS carries a lot of cool looking pleco's like yours, mango plec, ryhno, but they are all pretty pricy they are around $50 and up....

Beautiful fish. How big is she (do you know it's a she or just guessing???)
I have a little baby royal plec I've had him for about 6 months now, and he's about 3 inches now. Make sure you've got plenty of Bogwood in your tank cos she'll munch on it like its going out of fashion!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh yeah. If she's pretty big, then £27 is a good price. I've seen full grown ones going for as much as £150 :eek:

Jif is about two and a half inches long.

She's called 'Jif' because (are you ready for this?)... she's a Panaque which is pronounced pan-uh-kay which I think sounds like 'pancake'.

A British pancake (looks like a crépe) is eaten on shrove Tuesday with lemon juice & sugar.

The leading brand of lemon juice in the UK is 'Jif'

....and I'm guessing on her gender. She just 'feels' like female.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very good way to name her!!!! Mine was nemd by my girlfriend. She called him willy, but the route to it is not as imaginative as yours: Royal Panaque, so royalty, so Prince William, so Willy!!!!! :lol:

Most reactions

Back