This Guy/girl Is At My Lfs

MissDrank

Reaction score
He/she is HUGE! Its a red catfish right?

100210104914.jpg

100210104827.jpg

yeah its a red tailed catfish (rtc) gorgeous fish but way too big for any home aquarium im affraid :sad: i was going to get 1 for my 6.2x2x2 tank but it wasnt fair on the fish

Yupp, Red-Tailed Catfish. Lovely fish, It will need an impressive home though because this could reach 4' which is ridiculous. Shouldn't be in the hobby in my opinion, or at least a license being needed to be kept :good:

James.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=red+tailed+catfish&rlz=1W1SUNC_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=o3m4TKDSOI-SjAf0wM3WDg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CC8QsAQwAA&biw=1579&bih=637

There is one in Dobbies in milton keynes, shame really a ive seen the massive ones in the london aquarium and they were lovley just swimmimh around in the maaaaaaaaaaaasive tank!. iirc there were about 8-10 of them in there :)

i have seen a red tailed cat at over five foot
it used to play with a foot ball and flick
it out of its tank its a shame as the tank
was far to small for it sadly it died
from been is a tank to small the tank was
10x2x2 :sad:

Yeah a popular food fish in its native waters! As it growns quickly too!

redtails.jpg

Taken from Extreme Amazon Adventures

there is one in Swallow Aquatics (Norfolk) called twiglett. It was re-homed there 'cos someone bought it at 2" and didnt quite realise what it would become!
Great fish though - my wife loves to visit the store just for him! (which is quite useful because its the best LFS in my area)

Most reactions

Back