Thermostat Settings

Uriel

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I bought myself a TC-10 thermostat which will turn off my heaters if a set temperature is exceeded. My Heaters are set to shut off at 25c so i was thinking of setting it to shutoff at 26.5c. I was also thinking of wiring my lighting into the circuit so i have a easy visual sign if the max temperature is exceeded plus on the slim chance it is enviromental temperature causing the spike the lights won't continue to heat the tank. Opinions ??

What lighting is it?

The startup current of T5's and halides cost more than to actually run them plus you will prob lose heat when lights are off so you may find your lights and heaters will go on and off several times throughout the day.

All you'll gain from it is heavier electrical consumption and the higher chance of burning out ballasts/igniters/starter lamps.

Not worth it in my opinion.

The lights will be 6 tube t5 and 125w eco light for sump. At the moment i don't really get any noticable fluctuation in tank temperature so i thought 1.5 degrees was a good margin to protect against heaters locking on. But i can see your point about lights. Maybe i'll fit a buzzer or something.

The lights will be 6 tube t5 and 125w eco light for sump. At the moment i don't really get any noticable fluctuation in tank temperature so i thought 1.5 degrees was a good margin to protect against heaters locking on. But i can see your point about lights. Maybe i'll fit a buzzer or something.

Could do. It'd be cheaper! But the buzzer would be on Continous until it comes back on/off depending which way round you wire it!

I wouldn't expect to see that sort of flucutation unless something was seriously wrong though anyway.

Most reactions

Back