theme for betta names

I want to name all my present and future bettas names that relate to each other. What theme for the

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CARS (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Cadillac, Rolls Royce)

• Total voters
Thats a good idea: Great Dane, Chihuahua, Doberman, Pit Bull (what kind of betta would I name that? :p ) Mastiff (a huge betta), Bulldog, Collie, mexican Hairlless, etc.

If I chose to use the gods theme it would be easy to name because the gods had their personalities and traits, and I could name bettas with corresponding personalities after their respective gods!

Anyone have any more ideas that I've not listed?

I LOVE the car name Idea! I am so going to do that for my next few fish!

The two ideas that you mentioned are my favorites so far. I think the cats one was kind of stupid, since you are naming one animal after another animal...

gemstones b/c those names are nice. Although we call my step dad bentley :)

I like the cars one! Very Unique! I've sort of gotten pulled into naming all my fish sea names in other languages. Ula and Kai are both hawaiian, one means Jewel of the Sea and the other just means sea. I'm thinking on naming my girl Welle which means wave in German. Or Onda which means the same in Portugese/Spanish. I love theme names :thumbs:

What about naming them after cocktails, like:

Mudslide
Bloody Mary
Banshee
Salty Dog
(hmm...

:crazy:
Martini (shaken not stirred)
White Russian
Margarita
Tequila Sunrise
etc.

Elise said:
Ula and Kai are both hawaiian, one means Jewel of the Sea and the other just means sea.
My son's name is Kai. Just to borrow thread for a minute.
Kai means alot of different things:
Food in Mauri
In Japan it means many things including ocean
It is used in Ireland too
It means white in Aboriginal

ohh such a beautiful name. There are others too just can't think of them right now.

As for voting a theme for fish... the only one I find good there because of personal preferences is Gods... but I like the idea of naming bettas after the Greek Muses better...
Good luck with finding their names! :D

greek gods, once youve done them all you could always go on to egyptian gods etc.

Most reactions

Back