The Legend Of Skies!

Skies

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, fancy meetin' you here! 

My name is Catlin, interesting factoid:

Catlin (cat-lin) as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Catlin), is of Irish origin. Variant of Catherine (Greek) "pure". Surname. George Catlin was an American traveler and artist of the mid 19th century who is famous for his penetrating portraits of Native Americans.

... But my friends just call me Cat. *wink*

I am an INFJ.

I have a fascination with animals, science, biology and nature. I was one of those weird smart kids who had a Magnum P.I. addiction and preferred watching National Geographic, The History channel and happy little Bob Ross lol. I spent the entirety of my childhood outside, wild and barefoot, climbing trees, playing in the dirt and catching snakes in the woods, to be honest, I still find that all quite appealing.

I don't get outside nearly as much as I would like to anymore, and I've found my time is often monopolized by other things not nearly as interesting, but when I am being interesting I enjoy reading (fave books: The Hobbit, Ender's Game), writing, photography, and pencil art. I've always had a very vivid and colorful imagination, and very much enjoy self expression through my creativity and sharing the inner workings of my mind with others.

When I'm not being creative, I'm competitive. I own and host an online gaming community and website, founded in 2008, we currently have 5 custom modded TF2 servers on a fully dedicated Linux box running a Dual Quad Core Xeon CPUs at 2.4Ghz, 16GB RAM, 500GB HDD, and Ubuntu 12.04. As the community grows, my free time shrinks lol. We currently have a player base of roughly 2000 people and still growing! (Lord have mercy!)

As I said, I'm an animal lover, and have kept many interesting pets in the past! Rats, mice, lizards, snakes, parakeets, doves, rabbits, frogs, turtles, hamsters, gerbils, hermit crabs, dogs, cats, fish, guinea pigs... I even had a pet praying mantis once! That was pretty cool...

I currently have a 75g aquarium home to a lone Comet Goldfish named Gandalf, named because when I got him he was silver, his brother, Merlin (a freakin' wizard who managed to eat 7 out of 12 minnows overnight, who can be seen in my signature), suffered from a neurological disorder due to consuming black algae that I was unaware was present in the tank, my stunning calico Ryukin was also a victim. After this horrible misfortune I eased off my fish keeping for a while, but now my enthusiasm is beginning to return and I am looking for a "home" where I can share that enthusiasm.

Aside from my aquarium, I also have 2 dogs! 
Lady - Jack Russell/Pug
Matilda (Tilly) - Teacup/Appleface Chihuahua

I'd have a small petting zoo if my husband wasn't so reasonable and skilled in verbal judo. >_>

Speaking of my husband, yes, I am married! I know, all of the good ones are taken! lol. I met my husband on a site called plentyoffish.com, which I find pretty cool considering I'm a fish lover. I had to do a little persuading to get him to call me, considering I was 18 years his junior and 9 years younger than the minimum age range listed on his profile. You can read our love story we wrote together: http://www.mywedding.com/catlinandjason/stories.html

Well, that's me in a nutshell, I'm an open book so don't be afraid to ask questions or just say hello! I am hoping this is the community for me as I have had some pretty bad experiences on others. Thank you for reading, looking forward to making new friends!

welcome to the forum :p can i get you intresteded in plants as well as animals >.> :p

mike455555 said:
welcome to the forum
tongue2.gif
can i get you intresteded in plants as well as animals >.>
tongue2.gif

Sure, I've always thought about having a planted tank! :D I have a 29g that would be perfect for it. :)

it sounds perfect =D what stocking would you have? :p and what plants, can i suggest a biotope?  or would you rather have a easy tank to look after 

Hello and welcome! And wow! one cracking intro!

Unlike your husband, im only a white belt in verbal judo. My verbal diarrhoea on the other hand is black belt third dan and apologies normally come in the manner of caving to the latest demand. So we have the zoo, with rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, snakes, leopard gecko, crested gecko, gargoyle gecko, bearded dragons, sandfish lizards, african pygmy hedgehogs, cats, fish, fire bellied newts and two kids! That's not including what we have had in the past.

Admittedly the majority of furry things are all cracking on in age and as they die have not been replaced!

mike455555 said:
it sounds perfect =D what stocking would you have?
tongue2.gif
and what plants, can i suggest a biotope?  or would you rather have a easy tank to look after 

I have no idea what kind of plants, be gentle with me, I'm new to this. :3

I would prefer a planted tank that wouldn't require massive amounts of attention, although I am not against light+ maintenance. 

Stocking? Hmmmm... decisions, decisions... 

dgwebster said:
Hello and welcome! And wow! one cracking intro!

Unlike your husband, im only a white belt in verbal judo. My verbal diarrhoea on the other hand is black belt third dan and apologies normally come in the manner of caving to the latest demand. So we have the zoo, with rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, snakes, leopard gecko, crested gecko, gargoyle gecko, bearded dragons, sandfish lizards, african pygmy hedgehogs, cats, fish, fire bellied newts and two kids! That's not including what we have had in the past.

Admittedly the majority of furry things are all cracking on in age and as they die have not been replaced!

Glad to be here, and thank you! ♥

hahaha!! Well now, I guess that'll learn ya some, eh? *smh* I'm tellin' ya what, I like the way you apologize! ;) If I had the room I'd have a lot of things right now, another dog, a California king snake, another fish tank, maybe some turtles or tree frogs, maybe both... some rats, some rabbits and horses! (one day, yes, one day)... my husband jokes with me asking if I'm going to want a pushmi-pullyu next! lol I also have a big heart and want to rescue every stray I see, maybe not keep it, but at least nurse it back to health :3 ... but he's smart, he knows that he'd fall in love so the answer it no! lol I don't mind, probably for the better anyway.

Shelster said:
Welcome to the forum!
smile.png

Thank you, I just might stick around! 
smart.gif

Trees aren't very talkative either. People who know me on here probably won't agree though. :whistle:
Anyway, welcome to the forums and yes, that is one hell of an intro :p .

I just re-joined this great forum a little while ago but I'd like to join the others in welcoming you! 
welcomeani.gif

welcomeani.gif
  Sounds like you'll do...... swimmingly. 

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

Most reactions

Back