The last thing I needed was more bettas....

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
As everyone probably knows, I have a pretty soft spot for female bettas....

...so when I walked into the fish dept. at my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart...(not so friendly actually, almost got in a fight with a dude in the parking lot and then again inside...couldn't seem to get it through his head that it was wrong to be swearing at me in front of children :/ ) Okay, on with my story....as I walked into the fish dept., of course I checked out the well-being of the male bettas in the rack...they were all pretty happy, some even had some bubble nests going, but as I looked over to the tanks...I saw all of your regular variety of department store fish and bla bla bla....then I noticed some really small electric yellows and a bunch dead on the bottom of the tank....except, the dead ones were not the cichlids, they were female bettas. :-( Of course I was quick to say something, pointed out how ignorant of them it was to have these two varieties of fish together in the same tank and quickly instructed the woman to catch me the remainder of who was still alive...a mere 5 were left. :-( 11 dead. :angry: Now, I am not usually a fish rescuer, because I don't normally go into fish stores like this, usually just the privately owned ones, but it does make me feel good that I at least saved these little babies....and babies they are. They are so teeny. :wub:

Oh. Please don't flame me on the jars, :no: they are all I could afford right now and it is better than them being dead, right? -_- :thumbs:

Attachments

• jarred_bettas.JPG
    jarred_bettas.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 35
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta.

Your halo is glowing, hope the little gals make it ok! should these places really be selling fish?????

that was very nice of you to do that :thumbs: i've noticed that walmart doesnt keep very good care of their fish it amkes me sick :sick: btw that blue and white betta is very very pretty

They all seem to look fine, minus some shredded fins. I bought some stress coat as well, have never owned the stuff before, but have read on here that it can be quite helpful. :thumbs: I will post some individual pics in a bit...just have to take some first. :p

aww i'm sure they're doing better in the jars than in the tank full of cichlids :wub: way to go on saving them :thumbs:

Thats so bad... Places like that shouldnt be able to sell fishes.

Its so good of you to save them all, you are truly a fishy dad.

Ben

Oh they are so sweet! :wub: I'm absolutely in love with the little blue and silver one. :wub:

You are a great person to have saved these little babies, Chris. :wub: If we had a FHOTM (Fish Hero of the Month :p ) I would so nominate and vote for you to win. :nod: :thumbs: Congratulations on the new little girls...they deserve to be with someone like you. :wub:

Thank you. :)

It's kind of difficult to tell 4 of them apart....seeing as 4 of them look almost identical. :/ Just the rips in their fins to tell them apart....but, here are the pretty ladies. :wub:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 33
That's the best looking jars of mayonnaise I ever seen!

Most reactions

Back