The History of Aquariums

Ellie Potts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
For my first real college paper I chose to write about the history of aquariums because not even my professors can escape my favorite hobby. Here's what I wrote if anyone is interested.
(For a creative writing class where we were challenged to write a research paper that doesn't read like one)
(Had to have a narrative start because of the prompt - actual info starts on second page)
Swimming Through the Fishy Facts of Everything Aquarium: An Exploratory Essay

Message me if you find any errors, lol!

Last edited:
Page 2, 3rd line up from the bottom "ornam ental carp" delete the space in ornamental.
Page 3, line break at the bottom looks odd. Two words of the sentence are there then a big space and the rest of it is at the top of page 3.
Page 4, top line " subm erged in water" delete the space in submerged.
Page 4, 6th line down from the top "fundam entals of photosynthesis" delete the space in fundamental.
Page 4, line break at the bottom looks odd. Two words of the sentence are there then a big space and the rest of it is at the top of page 5.
Page 5, 4th line up from the bottom "m acabre" delete the space after the m.
Page 5. bottom of the page- looks to be room for "(Bosworth)." there and it is at the top of page 6.
Page 6, last lime "glass-fram ed" delete the space in framed.
Page 7, 3rd line fro the top ""aquarium s" delete the space in aquariums.

I had to stop reading bofore i got though it all, so you need to double check for spaces after the letter m in the paper. I am a lousy speller so I rely on my Central Eeuropean friend Spellczeck and i cannot help you won this front.

Page 2, 3rd line up from the bottom "ornam ental carp" delete the space in ornamental.
Page 3, line break at the bottom looks odd. Two words of the sentence are there then a big space and the rest of it is at the top of page 3.
Page 4, top line " subm erged in water" delete the space in submerged.
Page 4, 6th line down from the top "fundam entals of photosynthesis" delete the space in fundamental.
Page 4, line break at the bottom looks odd. Two words of the sentence are there then a big space and the rest of it is at the top of page 5.
Page 5, 4th line up from the bottom "m acabre" delete the space after the m.
Page 5. bottom of the page- looks to be room for "(Bosworth)." there and it is at the top of page 6.
Page 6, last lime "glass-fram ed" delete the space in framed.
Page 7, 3rd line fro the top ""aquarium s" delete the space in aquariums.

I had to stop reading bofore i got though it all, so you need to double check for spaces after the letter m in the paper. I am a lousy speller so I rely on my Central Eeuropean friend Spellczeck and i cannot help you won this front.
These spaces aren't my formatting, it's just the computer messing up. It doesn't look like that when printed out and not totally sure why it's doing it digitally.

These spaces aren't my formatting, it's just the computer messing up. It doesn't look like that when printed out and not totally sure why it's doing it digitally.
By chance do you have your page setup for proportional spacing? If so it is possible this could be the cause. When printing and showing digitally the output size is different. Not sure if the could cause the spaces when shown digitally but it is a possibility.

By chance do you have your page setup for proportional spacing? If so it is possible this could be the cause. When printing and showing digitally the output size is different. Not sure if the could cause the spaces when shown digitally but it is a possibility.
I don't know. On my computer it looks fine. But adding images and footers on google docs can mess with the formatting on different people's devices

Google does not like my browser nor my privacy efforts. The only places I go on google where the browser runs without a hitch is Search and Scholar. Youtube works but not as well as it will if I use the backup browser.

The ancient Romans used to keep fish. https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2016/08/what-roman-ruins-reveal
Personally I don't trust anything Google. I won't even use their search; I use Bing. Google collects and sells your browsing history and worse.

Personally I don't trust anything Google. I won't even use their search; I use Bing. Google collects and sells your browsing history and worse.
Most of my accounts and such for school are through google so I don't have much of a choice. Something I'll worry about another time

Most reactions

Back