Otto's
ramshorn snails

50% w/c weekly

this is how it started and the pictures show how it has progressed:

398plants003.jpg

tank.jpg

tank001-1.jpg

asdhl.jpg

Lots of changes here. Final scape looks great. Will look even better in a couple of weeks. :good:

It's been about 3 weeks, and this is how it is looking:

all the plants have been trimmed earlier this morning, the riccia is doing great, cut a load off

P1010431-1.jpg

I changed the WB on this one
P1010444.jpg

P1010436.jpg

I did try a pararama shot but i did it the wrong way round :lol: :oops:

P1010433.jpg

I will do another sometime or i might just edit this one

microsorum pteropus 'narrow' has come this morning from AE (thanks), just needs attaching to something now then i will post a full tank shot. i also bought some proper back blackground so there are no more lines that you could see on the previous one. The outside thermometer has gone with a bit of elbow grease, i dont know how you can move them! On the packaging it said removemable :roll: They only record the glass or room temperatur anyeay heater is set a 24/25C and that was saying 28C :shock:

P1011705.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I invested in a grid for the riccia, looks neater now but it is too high so next ime i will cut it in half. The MM has taken off now as i gave it a good prune last weekend, excuse the P.Hekferi which is so neatly placed, it will change - i am just waiting for the plantlets to get a bit larger.

P1011706.jpg

The patch on the grid is where some Riccia fell off :angry:

I also moved the 2 outer rocks slightly as reccomended by George, i like the right hand rock as you can now see a bit more shape to it.

oh yes definatley, i cant stop the damn things :lol: i might swap them for a shoalning fish. Getting a bit fed up with them, they make the tank look untidy!

the HC arrived today (thanks Mark) i never realised how small the leaves were!!! I knew they were smaller than glosso but i never knew they were that small. It took me 2 hours to plant it all (ouch, my back & neck :( ) it looks good though and i think it will compliment the scape well. He also sent me some E.Tennulus which i positioned behind the microsorum pteropus narrow. Excuse the pics, i really couldnt be bothered lol

P1010061.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010063.jpg

comments & critique welcome :)

Nice tank, Aaron. LOL, I thought the endlers were bits of leaf/debris at first! :blink:

In about a month it will look amazing.

Most reactions

Back