The Birds!

helsekia2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
didnt know where to put this as theyre not really pets but thought Id share the picture I get up to every morning.Weve only been in the hose 4 months and when we first came didnt get any gbirds in the garden but now the numbers seem to be steadily growing mch to the annoyance of my parrotwho wants to share:rolleyes::good:thought id add a few more piccies too.Mst add the african grey does look tatty yes,he was a rescue andcompletely bald on his front,neck and head when I got him,after meds from the vet supplements a good diet and tlc he is getting there :rolleyes:

Attachments

• gardenbirds.JPG
    gardenbirds.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 37
  • feeder.JPG
    feeder.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
  • max2.JPG
    max2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 47
  • oscar_small.JPG
    oscar_small.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 36
  • lottiesmall.JPG
    lottiesmall.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 42
  • guineas.JPG
    guineas.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 46
  • lolasmall.JPG
    lolasmall.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 46
yup Ive jst edited the post see above.Ive had him 3 months he really was in a bad state when i got him.A lady had passed him on to a shop and hed been stuck in acage at the back of the shop for 6 months.the cage was tiny and he wouldnt step up or anything.I know you sholudnt buy on impulse but i just couldnt leave him.The guy had him priced at £600!after an hour of me saying i wasnt leaving without him the bloke let me have him for £100.i took him home via the vets and dug my cage out the garage,gave it a good clean and he settled within a couple of days.Now he is never in his cage he just sits on top all the time or follows me about.he has lots of toys which hes just started to play with and i leave thetv on if Im out.Hes not keen on children but he doesnt bite.Im sure you know that breaking the habit of plucking is the hardest thing.He makes me laugh cos if he has a nibble now he shouts 'oi' at himself lol

few more pics.:rolleyes::shifty:

Attachments

• oscar_aug_07.JPG
    oscar_aug_07.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 37
  • lottie_ag07.JPG
    lottie_ag07.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 61
  • lola_augt07.JPG
    lola_augt07.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 54
Good on you for getting him out of that place.
If he has got that far in 3 months hopefully all the stimulation he now has will stop him plucking.
I am so relived that my 2 and my sisters 2 have never plucked it must be horrendous for them

thanx.luckily it was surface pluking and he doesnt appear to of damaged the skin or follicles.He must of been handreared,hes not rung mind.The guy in the shop said he was 5 years old so hes still a babe by parrot standards.he now 'gives kisses' and he talks quite a bit,someone must of loved him in the past.His fave pastime is sittiing on the back of the settee in the bay window whistling,talking and barking :crazy: Hes notfrightened of the dogs and they just ignore him or move out of his way.

Most reactions

Back