Tetras

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
hello.

For those of you who know I have a 1 single red eye tetra and i will be getting him 2 more friends soon. umm do i have to get another red eye tetra or will ANY tetra fish do?? many thanks.

tetras are a schooling fish and do better in groups of about 6. i would put in more of the same. how big is your tank?
Did you cycle it?

it's a 20gal tank currently have 4 platy's 1 red eye tetra.
so if i want to say get.. neons about 4, this is not a good idea?

if you dont like the red eye, then take it back and get 6 neons, if you like it, then get 4 more red eyes and 6 neons.

yeah i think iw ill do that, get 4 red eyes and 6 neons :) is that over stocking my tank tho? i'll end up with..

4 platy
4 red eyes
6 neons

you should probably be alright as long as your tank is cycled and you have good filtration :thumbs:

my tank is cycled (so far everything seams okay hehe)
the filter is a aqua 2000 i believe.

im not sure what type of filter that is. Do you know how many gallons per hour it cycles the water? most people on here say about 5 times the amount of water in the tank is a good number (i.e if your tank is 20 gallons a filter that pushes out 100 gallons an hour or gph as its called would be a decent filtration. Also If it has biological, mechanical and chemical filtration that is great as well. Biological would be the black netting in the filter that is supposed to stay there and build up bacteria, mechanical being the water running through the filter and chemical would be the carbon part of the filter.)

this is what i have,
41tUDAfj6RL._SS400_.jpg

Actively draws dirty aquarium water through the integrated siphon/strainer assembly into the pump impeller chamber. The flow diverter directs the powerful water current from the impeller chamber under the filter basket. The water is forced to move throu
Only aquarium power filter that offers the integrated filtration of the CycleGuard Insert System, combining the largest volume of efficient filter media in individual inserts with the powerful water flows from the free floating impeller. Both the surface agitation and the rotational currents bring more water molecules to the surface, in physical contact with the atmosphere, enabling them to release carbon dioxide and replenish oxygen more efficie

Quiet, efficient and reliable Aqua Clear 200 pumps 200 gph. Recommended for aquariums up to 50 gallons. Designed to fully exploit the benefits of removing aquarium wastes both mechanically and biologically.
UL approved.
Water input per hour is regulated by adjusting the patented flow adjustment mechanism, tailoring the flow rate to the aquarium's requirements. When the flow adjustment reduces input, the water returned to the aquarium is still equal to input, but the top grid in the filter basket circulates purified water back into the motor chamber so that the pump filters 200 gallons per hour even when adjusted to siphon less.

so my tank is 20gal this is very powerfull LOL :), i have the nossel on the slow flow side not the heavy fast, so it's not too bad flowing in and out.

Most reactions

Back