Test Kit

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi , can anyone suggest a decent reasonably priced test kit, why am I still using test strips? :blush:
I have a rough idea what things to test for but can someone set me straight in case I miss something out when I go to purchase kit?
Cheers , any correspondance greatly appreciated.....
:good:

You want a liquid test kit. :)

I personally use Tetra Pond Testers, they work fine.

But is you have more ££ try the API Master Test Kit.

i just picked up an api master freshwater test kit for $22 (which equals 14 british pounds i believe).

Even if you find it for a bit more, if you consider the number of tests you can do with the liquid kit (over 800 tests!) compared to similarly priced test strips (about 225 tests), the price is unbeatable

I also use the API test kit. They are available at all the big chain stores in the US for around $30 (I think that is around 15 pounds). You can also find them cheaper on-line at just about any aquarium store or Ebay.

Cheers folks , API master test kit it is then , wonder what I'll be buying this weekend then ? :lol:

I'd recommend the API master Test kit for 2 reasons;

1) They are really good, value for money & easy to use, (just be careful of the glass test tubes, these are much better than plastic ones, but I assure you, you WILL break some!)
2) As you can see from above, a LOT of people on this forum use the same kit. This means if you have an questions about it, trouble interpreting results, or anything else, the chances are you will get the answers here. If you opt for one of the lesser used test kits then obviously your oppurtunities for feedback are also reduced.

:thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back