Ten New Baby Fry!

Kingsnorky

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
After using my five gallon (I was gonna use for albinos but it was to small) I put my three males in there for awhile sence they were bugging my females. :lol:
After I got the tank set up they went in, and my one fat female was VERY happy, and so she was swiming like crazy.
So at 2AM I went to get some water; looked at my fishies to see how they were doing, and saw a little one staring right at me. :hyper:

So I quickly got my net, and a bucket start chasing after it after FINNALY catching him\her I go to see some more (Ripping up all my plants, caves, and air pump.) I see my fatty female with 'em (I think she was still having babies) so I saw about five (Hiding in the gravel tricky little babies), so I catch 'em the mother runs off, and after a hour of hide and seek. :fun: I count how meny I cought, and it was ten.

I looked for about half a hour didn't find anymore. :sad:

Anyway they'er so cute I havn't had any fry in such a long time.

Thanks guys. :D

Though I do have some question what type they are.

When I first had live bearers I had two guppys (One female one male) one mollie, and a swordtail (Sword tail was female, and mollie was male) I know for a fact thes inbreaded so after there babies grew the colors were weird it was: Half yellow half orange with a pretty greenish sword tail.
My question is what type are they? :sly:

Both females had babies, and four were the half yellow half orange with a pretty greenish sword tail, and three were just mollies.

Thanks if you can answer my question! :)

Mollies can't interbreed with Swordtails. :) Most likely your Swordtail was pregnant at the store, you brought her home, and she continued to produce fry on the sperm she had stored. They can do this for up to 7 pregnancies. I couldn't tell you what type they are, as she probably could have breeded with any male....so it's hard to say. :/

Congrats on all the babies though! :D

Most reactions

Back