Temperature

nicci

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help please. I have got my new aquarium im not sure as to whether the temperature is right for the fish. Could anyone tell me what is the right temperature for the tank. Apparently the heater was factory set to the correct temperature but Im not sure wheather to trust it!!!

:p

You bought fish without knowing their temperature requirements? The temperature should be around 78*F for average tropical fish.

konrad05 said:
You bought fish without knowing their temperature requirements?
NO! Im sorry let me explain. I have another tank which is alot bigger than the one I bought. I was unsure as to whether the litature that I had been reading was correct as It said that the temperature should be lower than I have the other one set at because the tank was smaller.

Judging by your reply I have my temperature set just right, so I wont be branded a fishy killer just yet!!!!!

different fish require different temps.
what fish do you have?

I have a breading pair of mollies which have just given me 55 fry. Im not keeping the fry though as a friend is taking them for his larger tank. I have a couple of guppies and a couple of neons.

My other larger tank has Catfish in it. I wanted to try and keep the little fish in this tank for a change

ok this is what I've found
mollies 74f to 78f
guppies 74f to 80f
neons 77f to 82

therefore you tank at 78f is ideal

Thanks very much for you help The Wolf!!!

Gud one!!!

Most reactions

Back